9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Absolute nonsense. He's 23. Hes already got 83 goals in less than 2 seasons. It's just under a third of Agueros total already. Its fucking maddening this shit. We're numpties. Honestly, we get THE best striker in the world and we think he's shit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion i suppose, but my fucking god what a stupid opinion.
How's it working now though ? That's the point. He's already peaked at this point in this carnation. He/we need to reinvent him or ourselves. There's absolutely no chance of him hitting bigger numbers because teams are negating our tactics.
Anyway, my stupid opinion is as valid as your, numpty nut, tit-wank bollocks.

How's it working now though ? That's the point. He's already peaked at this point in this carnation. He/we need to reinvent him or ourselves. There's absolutely no chance of him hitting bigger numbers because teams are negating our tactics.
Anyway, my stupid opinion is as valid as your, numpty nut, tit-wank bollocks.
Now don't get upset because someone disagrees with you. Its ok. You're wrong probably more often than not anyway ;)

"there's no chance of him hitting bigger numbers" because apparently 52 in his 1st season and 30+ in his 2nd season just aint good enough for you. "Teams are negating our tactics". They are, in the sense that we're top of the league and only lost in the UCL because of penalties, but I would agree that we'd be MORE potent if we adjusted our tactics - is it Haaland's job to do that? No it isn't. In summary - You don't cut off the branch you're sitting on.

And to clarify - i'm not his dad - which didn't really make a great deal of sense, which wasn't completely surprising.

Now don't get upset because someone disagrees with you. Its ok. You're wrong probably more often than not anyway ;)

"there's no chance of him hitting bigger numbers" because apparently 52 in his 1st season and 30+ in his 2nd season just aint good enough for you. "Teams are negating our tactics". They are, in the sense that we're top of the league and only lost in the UCL because of penalties, but I would agree that we'd be MORE potent if we adjusted our tactics - is it Haaland's job to do that? No it isn't. In summary - You don't cut off the branch you're sitting on.

And to clarify - i'm not his dad - which didn't really make a great deal of sense, which wasn't completely surprising.
It’s no point banging on about his amazing previous stats .That is just the history of how he tore up the record books - that becomes relevant when he retires from the game and is judged alongside the great . Right now he’s in a hole and spends most of the games shepherded between two defenders.It’s hurting him and us.

He‘s going through a rough patch, which I think is an accumulation of various factors. He doesn‘t look fully fit to me - his movement is nowhere near as sharp as last year. And his confidence is down - he obviously knows he‘s struggling, and that‘s feeding back into his performances.
And he‘s suffering from the fact that we‘re simply nowhere near as incisive an attacking side this year. Maybe he is getting as many chances statistically, but the type and calibre of those chances are down - largely down to us losing Gundogan and De Bruyne being out for so long (and a shadow of his proper self when he has played). Last year, there was plenty of slow, controlled build up, but once we got through the first lines, those two were able to open up chances for Haaland with quick through balls, which we just haven’t really done this season - not Alvarez‘s game, not Bernardo‘s game, not even really Foden‘s game. Yes, he can do it, but his main strength as a 10 is as a goal scoring threat in his own right, not as a master creator like De Bruyne. This year, everything is funneled out to the wings and it all takes too long, allowing the opposition to get 10 players back in the box. Hard gig for any striker, especially when the quality of ball eventually coming in from the wings isn‘t especially high (Grealish, Doku and Bernardo aren’t great crossers, nor are Walker and Gvardiol).
I trust Pep to work things out for next season, and it wouldn‘t surprise me at all to see Haaland back to the performances/numbers of last year.
I also don‘t buy the ‚he‘s been found out‘ line. He‘s been putting up outrageous numbers for years, and opponents will have watched him to death before last season‘s games as well.

sell Alvarez, who hasnt kicked on imo

And then (this is a huge task) find a player that resembles all the attributes that Sergio had, small, technically gifted, and can work in tight spaces and create chances himself

Now there aint many established players that fit the bill, so it will mean getting a young striker and giving them the opportunity during the season

As someone replied to an earlier post. The only youth player i have actually seen play that resembled that type is Endrick who madrid have secured.

We seem to have a great relationship with bringing Argentinian players through our CFG, so maybe this is where we need to look

Haaland has been off this season, biggest concern is that this poor form has not seen Alvarev step up and put in performances that make haalands place threatened one bit

Interesting summer ahead in the market i reckon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.