9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

sell Alvarez, who hasnt kicked on imo

And then (this is a huge task) find a player that resembles all the attributes that Sergio had, small, technically gifted, and can work in tight spaces and create chances himself

Now there aint many established players that fit the bill, so it will mean getting a young striker and giving them the opportunity during the season

As someone replied to an earlier post. The only youth player i have actually seen play that resembled that type is Endrick who madrid have secured.

We seem to have a great relationship with bringing Argentinian players through our CFG, so maybe this is where we need to look

Haaland has been off this season, biggest concern is that this poor form has not seen Alvarev step up and put in performances that make haalands place threatened one bit

Interesting summer ahead in the market i reckon
Alavarez doesn’t get the chance to play in his favoured position unless it’s near the end of a match as a sub, he’s no midfielder or winger, if he got time like before Xmas when Haaland was injured he played well.

View attachment 115006

This is what we see most of the time, we can’t blame players for not getting the ball to him, he needs to be able to do more in the build up than just wait for it to happen
But from all evidence he hasn’t got the ball control to be involved in the build up and more often than not he loses the ball

Doesn’t suit us

If you look closely though I believe he is being marked by 7 madrid players there and has created a huge amount of space in the penalty area:-)

sell Alvarez, who hasnt kicked on imo

And then (this is a huge task) find a player that resembles all the attributes that Sergio had, small, technically gifted, and can work in tight spaces and create chances himself

Now there aint many established players that fit the bill, so it will mean getting a young striker and giving them the opportunity during the season

As someone replied to an earlier post. The only youth player i have actually seen play that resembled that type is Endrick who madrid have secured.

We seem to have a great relationship with bringing Argentinian players through our CFG, so maybe this is where we need to look

Haaland has been off this season, biggest concern is that this poor form has not seen Alvarev step up and put in performances that make haalands place threatened one bit

Interesting summer ahead in the market i reckon
What 11 wins 1 draw out of 12 games he’s played up front not good enough for you?

We used to have Nigel clough up front.
Adrian heath.
Nigel glenhorn
Bob Taylor.

Anyone who thinks we should sell haaland needs to speak to a doctor.
Or try watching a football game to see what happens in one

Last edited:
He’s clearly not 100% for and has scored 30 goals this year. We are coming off a long season last year, all fronts this year whilst injured. Thankfully Norway aren’t in the euros.

Watch him break records again next year.

We used to have Nigel clough up front.
Adrian heath.
Nigel glenhorn
Bob Taylor.

Anyone who thinks we should sell haaland needs to speak to a doctor.
Or try watching a football game to see what happens in one

We also had
Sergio Aguero
Edin Dzeko
Carlos Tevez
Mario Balotelli

All of whom were much better footballers than Haaland.

Not forgetting...

Wilfried Bony
Jo
Roque Santa Cruz

Who weren't.

I feel like people genuinely believe a 23 year old that has only been at a Prem team for 2 years is incapable of growing and developing as a footballer.

Hes also set the individual season scoring record and leads the league this year in what's considered a "down" year.

You're being lied to by sports media that thrives on prisoner-of-the-moment overreaction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.