9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Don't be stupid. I never said that. He needs to improve his all-round game and up his workrate.

Yes, he's scored plenty of goals, but when it comes to turning up in the really big games and scoring important goals since he's been with us, he's not been in the same league as Phil Foden, Ilkay Gundogan, or Rodri.

His all round game is improving and will improve again. He has the whole summer to work on his game, plus he's only 23.

But he's the most dangerous player in the world, his presence alone on the pitch scares the life out of defenders. Just look how the top defenders from RM, the dippers, the arse etc, react when they tackle or stop him!

But to say he doesn't score important goals is rubbish, all goals matter and he's scored 90 goals in 96 matches for us so far in two seasons and there's still one game to go.

That's a helluva stat, not bad for League 2 player!!!

Hope he gets a good rest 2nd half if the season he wasn't the same guy hes looked flat and tired, but even with a good few (and truely woeful) misses he's smashed the golden boot race, shows his ability

He can do more, and I think he will do more and think we'll see min 30 league goals next season as long as he avoids any serious injuries

If you don't improve you stand still. If he wants to win individual accolades (he does), he needs to improve. He's definitely not a top footballer and that's almost certainly the reason why Pep went for Harry Kane and only turned to Haaland when Levy dug his heels in.
It's a team game. If one player isn't at 100%, the rest of the team have to pick up the slack. Haaland may well score dozens of goals, but his actual performance in games is rarely above a 6/10, and far too often sub-5/10.
He's one of the few players that I honestly believe hasn't improved under Pep Guardiola at City. It's about time for him to start doing something about it.
I'm pretty sure Haaland would say about you: I don't care about that person

I'm pretty sure Haaland would say about you: I don't care about that person

I don't think Haaland needs to care about anybody. To be honest I couldn't give a shit what he cares or doesn't care about.

I'm entitled to my opinion - All I want is for him to get his arse in gear and play a full part in thrashing those red bastards at Wembley.

The future is up to him.

Don't be stupid. I never said that. He needs to improve his all-round game and up his workrate.

Yes, he's scored plenty of goals, but when it comes to turning up in the really big games and scoring important goals since he's been with us, he's not been in the same league as Phil Foden, Ilkay Gundogan, or Rodri.
Aye, he only has the most goal involvements against the top six in the league this season. Not bad for not turning up in really big games.

Aye, he only has the most goal involvements against the top six in the league this season. Not bad for not turning up in really big games.
Imagine how much better we'd be if he actually improved his all-round game.

His comments about 'not caring' what others think are bordering on arrogance. He's a long way from being the finished article, and in all honesty, I don't think he's any better a footballer now (after two seasons under Pep) than he was when he arrived.

I'd love to see him improve at City, but I don't think it will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.