9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I should have said 'or were' since Sergio has retired.

To judge a player on maybe 5 games out of 500 they play in their career seems daft to me. I doubt the OP would say Drogba was anywhere near Aguero but he had a better record in finals.

Guys I know emotions are high and it’s terrible to lose to that lot but please behave! No Haaland, no treble, no Haaland, no 4 in a row. Imagine how tired these players are? We can’t win everything, stop being like Madrid fans soon you will be waving white flags at our players.

Any team in the world would snap up Haaland and pay a kings ransom for the pleasure and WE have him in our team.

Everyone but Doku was off form today. And maybe Pep should have done what Xabi did, which was to ban the players from celebrating the title win until after their game today. They won and did the double.

We lost because we had an off day, not because of Haaland.‍♂️

Where was he for the Walker shot that was saved but pushed right back into the danger area? That for me was a great opportunity but neither he nor any of our other players were ready to pounce. His miss was poor too I thought. Should be scoring that as should Alvarez with his.

He probably won’t be here more than this coming season anyway so we might as well try and find a way to play to his strengths more. Doku needs to start more games and we should buy someone for the other side. Would love us to try a different approach next year. More direct.

It’s no coincidence that his form is patchy when Kev is not the same Kev as a few seasons ago. The man needs better service and he ain’t getting it consistently. No doubt about his impact and trophies since his arrival. He has struggled this season at times. Let’s see how we adjust and he adjusts next season.

Still think we lack that early pass to him. Making the game harder for him and us at times.

Last edited:
It’s no coincidence that his form is patching when Kev is not the same Kev as a few seasons ago. The man needs better service and he ain’t getting it consistently. No doubt about his impact and trophies since his arrival. He has struggled this season at times. Let’s see how we adjust and he adjusts next season.

Still think we lack that early pass to him. Making the game harder for him and us at times.
Some truth - but plenty of missed "sitters" when service has been spot on.

Still wouldn't change him though - his movement and finishing when in the groove is second to none. Needs to work on heading and volleying this close season.

Exactly. If Pep doesn't adapt our style to fit Haaland, he's a luxury player that we may not be able to afford for much longer.
The simple fact is that, fully fit or not, Erling Haaland appears not to be capable of adapting his game to Pep's style of play.
He really is a very, very, limited footballer.
How much would you expect to receive For this very very limited footballer, should he be sold? And who do you think would buy this very very limited footballer?

90 per cent of games.hes a fucking pussy , gets bullied by average CBs , he got bullied by the 19yr old lad when we played Liverpool..

I know ill get called a rag etc but i stand by the fact hes a flat track bully
How much would you expect to receive For this very very limited footballer, should he be sold? And who do you think would buy this very very limited footballer?

Another big game and again he goes missing. 90 minutes in the pocket of a dwarf who’s not played for months but then again the mighty Johnny Evans had already schooled him this season .
We cannot afford such a luxury option as Haaland.

Having now seen the highlights was fouled twice for stonewall penalties and a brilliant shot against the bar. He is fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.