9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

There’s a reason we will never ever be a truly big club, and it is on this thread.
Truly big, worldwide clubs, have fans who understand the game, and get behind their players come what may.
Liverpool, United, et al all have fan bases that are far far more secure in themselves and their players than we currently do.
We are a wonderful club, with the best owners and senior executives in the world, the best manager, and the best first 11, including the best, and most sought-after striker in the world, with a tier three fan base. Online fan base anyway.
Absolute disgrace some of the comments in here. Twas ever this too. Similar vibes to posters wishing death on Pellegrini for having the audacity to win us a league and cup double.

Utter cunts some people on here.
I agree with most things in the post but to say that clubs like Madrid and Man U are big because they stand by their players is total nonsense.

Madrid of all clubs climb all over the backs of their player when results aren't going for them .. Beckham, Owen, Bale etc etc.

They are no different to our club. The difference is the history and culture of winning. That takes time.

That said, as I've said MANY times since earlier today - few big clubs would allow their players to go out on the lash less than a week before a big final. Fkin ridiculous.

Haaland in the 18/19 season would have scored 60+ with Sterling, Sane and Mahrez beside him and the two Silva’s, Foden and KDB behind him.

Today we had two players playing either side of him who aren’t natural wide men (Foden and Bernardo) who never go past a player and KDB who played like an Ashton United Vets player.

I miss the times where we used to get to the byline and cut back, Erling would be in his element with that.

I agree with most things in the post but to say that clubs like Madrid and Man U are big because they stand by their players is total nonsense.

Madrid of all clubs climb all over the backs of their player when results aren't going for them .. Beckham, Owen, Bale etc etc.

They are no different to our club. The difference is the history and culture of winning. That takes time.

That said, as I've said MANY times since earlier today - few big clubs would allow their players to go out on the lash less than a week before a big final. Fkin ridiculous.
That is literally it they were hungover!

Does anyone have his record in knockout games, finals, and vs the top 6? Because I reckon it'd be abysmal.

Unless you can perform on the biggest stage, in the tightest contests, you cannot be considered amongst the best players in the world - I'm sorry. Bullying Luton away doesn't make you world class. The best players stand up when it really counts and currently he doesn't do that.

Needs a lot of chances to score ,in big games you get only 1-2 chances .He is more suited to a counter attacking team

zero effort yesterday, which was criminal in a game like that, never busted a gut to get on the end of things or follow up on their keeper, and half arsed pressing - should have been hooked at HT for Alvarez who demontrated exactly what was required when he came on. I'm not one to criticise our players, but that was a shocking performance in a game of that magnitude.

zero effort yesterday, which was criminal in a game like that, never busted a gut to get on the end of things or follow up on their keeper, and half arsed pressing - should have been hooked at HT for Alvarez who demontrated exactly what was required when he came on. I'm not one to criticise our players, but that was a shocking performance in a game of that magnitude.
Absolute rubbish. Fed off scraps in a poor first half team performance, hit the bar and denied pretty obvious penalty second half. Has his limitations but just get over yourself - we lost to a poor rags team but it sometimes happens. Get over it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.