9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

6 finals in a row is becoming hard to write off as bad luck, not getting chances etc.

Every great forward in history has gotten extra attention in finals, they’re great because they score anyway.

He and Pep have a lot of work to do to fix this and get him scoring in these games because it’s not like he’s occupying 3 defenders and everyone else is running wild thanks to that either, he’s just barely featuring.
I questioned his return in big games a while ago and got shouted down. Nothing has really changed my mind re tangible contribution, however it is clear he has been injured this season, and his general play has improved (today aside) since coming back.

Pretty much everyone was poor today, so feels harsh to single out Haaland, who certainly wasn’t the worst!

I do stand by this, though: there is no way him as an individual will be comfortable with how many key games he has returned no goal contributions.
Think this will be on his radar to improve.

Unlucky with the shot that hit the bar...nothing else worth noting.

I know his main MO is to score but surely he's got to be more involved in the game outside of that. Not anywhere near enough from him today.

For all the viking stuff, the reality is he's a bit of a wimp .
Needs to put himself about a bit and bully defenders.

90 per cent of games.hes a fucking pussy , gets bullied by average CBs , he got bullied by the 19yr old lad when we played Liverpool..

I know ill get called a rag etc but i stand by the fact hes a flat track bully

Checked out by March in the treble season. Done nothing against the big sides this year.
Madrid ain’t touching him.

If you offered me a striker who’d get 40 goals a season before March and no one ever tried to steal him I’d say yes please

Its hard to argue with 90 + goals in 2 seasons but I still don't feel that our style of play suits his strengths.

Im not sure how we deal with it but it;s down to Pep to find a way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.