9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

He probably should've had a hat-trick but the main thing is we're creating the opportunities for him. Sooner or later he's going to have one of those purple patches where everything he touches goes in.

It's kind of funny to think how many chances he's been missing lately and yet he still has 11 goals in 10 games and is comfortably the top scorer in the league. The standard he has set is just insane.

I thought he played really well on the whole but as others have mentioned previously- I do fear that the lack of balls played behind him at times has stopped him from making those runs. I thought at times tonight there was a lot of space to run into but he didn't attack it.

Create chances, he'll usually put them away.

Create regular chances, he'll put them away more regularly and his confidence will rise.

He's really not that difficult of a player to understand, yet somehow, we still manage to do it.

He probably should've had a hat-trick but the main thing is we're creating the opportunities for him. Sooner or later he's going to have one of those purple patches where everything he touches goes in.

It's kind of funny to think how many chances he's been missing lately and yet he still has 11 goals in 10 games and is comfortably the top scorer in the league. The standard he has set is just insane.

Haaland is always in a purple patch by most definitions. He’s scored 65 goals in 68 games for us. In Aguero’s first two whole seasons he scored 48 goals in 88 games and he is widely considered the most prolific Prem striker of all time in terms of goals per minute.

The difference is sometimes Haaland is ‘just’ purple, but every now and then he goes ultra-violet.

Last season he got 3 goals and 2 assists against them in one match, he really is falling off it this season..
I agree with you. He still delivers but he is underperforming. I don't see us winning the title if he will not reach his normal level this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.