9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do wonder if he's got last season on his mind, and there's that pressure to do as well if not better. He's probably not as relaxed as last season, where no one expected him to do as well as he did. Now there's that expectation there, and perhaps its affecting him a bit.

Still, 2 goals last night should hopefully get his confidence back!

definitely played really well, and did well to get a brace. Yes, he missed a few chances (e.g. back post slide, weird mid-air hook) and some odd decision making (where he suddenly became free one on one and decided to try and round the keeper) but he is there, always there, and scored a lovely right foot banger which will help his confidence. All round game was much better as well.

I’ve been thinking/saying this for a while - his touch and link up play is great.

That’s two games running now (Brighton and last night) where he’s dropped from just being a focal point and been more involved in all-round play.

Hopefully a sign of things to come instead of being too one dimensional.
His link up play for Dortmund against us at the Etihad was quite tidy I recall. dropping deep with his back to goal shielding the ball, laying off. ...I think he has always had this in his locker.

you do wonder if he's got last season on his mind, and there's that pressure to do as well if not better. He's probably not as relaxed as last season, where no one expected him to do as well as he did. Now there's that expectation there, and perhaps its affecting him a bit.

Still, 2 goals last night should hopefully get his confidence back!

The thing is that his goal ratio this season in the league is pretty much consistent with last season, and his career in general. He's got 9 in 9. Last season he ended up with 36.

He's pretty much on track, the only difference being he hasn't scored an insane amount in the first 10 games. Plus you know he's going to go on a streak where he scores an obscene amount in a short space of time.

Plus we act like he never missed good chances last season, he did, but it all gets forgotten when we reflect on the number he did score and what we won.

The fact a he still has a goal a game ratio and some people are thinking he's out of form shows what a monster he is, but also that we should at least be a bit realistic. He's doing great, he's missed chances as everyone does, but still averaging a goal a game in the premier league is still pretty ridiculous by any standard.

63/67 games across the board and he’s struggling….

The phenom that he is, its not acceptable (:

Stat packing, call it what you want; when all is said and done, he will be the greatest marksman of all time barring injury…

Is it fair to say that it should be more? Absolutely; I can honestly say guilt edged chances missed could add another 10 to that mix, and that’s being conservative, however, are we saying he’s hit his ceiling already? Or does the ‘23 year old’ improve further?

We know the answer, said it 2/3 weeks ago, he’ll break his own record this season, he’s not even hit a purple patch and has 11/12 starts…

As the derby encroaches, I’d usually say, more in hope than belief, this is a perfect time to unleash, however, I see him destroying them Sunday…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.