9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

To be fair Harry Kane as 23 was a striker getting farmed out to Championship clubs, with serious question marks if he could make it at the top level.

He developed into that superb footballer and goalscorer, it took time.

Haaland is young and has a hell of a lot to learn, he was shocking at Anfield but I do wonder how fit he really is since that injury, which was also probably a lot more serious than has been stated.

I appreciate that. What I'm saying is that I believe it would have been better for the balance of the team if we had signed the 29 year old finished article rather than the raw talent.

Whether it's through injury or transfer, I don't think we'll see peak Haaland at City.

There are very good football reasons why Pep wanted Kane. There were very different commercial reasons behind the club signing Haaland and publicly pursuing Messi and Ronaldo.

I thought he played well personally. Took up some good positions, held it up well and laid it off when he needed to. The issues we had re ball retention were nothing to do with him. His workmate is not as high as someone like Nunez but if it was he wouldn't score as many goals.
I agree. He did some great balls out to the left to lay people in perfectly.

I don't think he received one good cross and KDB and Alvarez were both guilty of poor deliveries when in good positions.

If you want a striker like Haaland to impact a team like Liverpool, you need to feed him the ball. We didn’t.

No point asking him to charge around like a mad man possessed, it’s not his game.

And as to those saying we would have won more with Kane, did I imagine that treble? Or Kane’s trophyless season so far?

If you want a striker like Haaland to impact a team like Liverpool, you need to feed him the ball. We didn’t.

No point asking him to charge around like a mad man possessed, it’s not his game.

And as to those saying we would have won more with Kane, did I imagine that treble? Or Kane’s trophyless season so far?
We have KDB, Silva, Foden and Rodri, 4 of the best midfield players in the Prem. If they can’t find Haaland you have to question his ability to find space and make himself available.
He always runs away from the ball to the far post. We prefer to play to feet not hoof in speculative crosses .

Its okay if playing with the ball is not your game, or if playing off the ball (which includes heavy pressing) is also not your game. But both - I don't think it can be said its acceptable because its not your game. If a player doesn't offer anything to the buildup or hounds the opposition, whenever he doesn't score he will be a big liability.

I think he is carrying a shoulder injury watch his demeanour and he is pressing anywhere near as much as he was previously, on the latest Inside City he is seen in the treatment room and it appears they are working on his left arm Might be just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10?

I’d have chosen Haaland over Kane because of his age. He was also the more likely signing given Spurs not selling to a domestic rival.

A fully fit Haaland starts every match for me. His goals will win things.

People are regretting signing haaland? Have I lost my mind? Or what the fuck is going on. Regretting signing haaland ? Now ,ive come out with some mad takes on this forum in my time. But this takes the buiscuit
This forum is worse than Rawk or Redcafe. Some god awful posters on here these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.