9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Just to put some meat on the bones with this argument that we are better with a false 9.
We played that way for the best part of two seasons and whist winning the league we never came close to a treble which was achieved in Haalands first season.
We could possibly do it again this year. So yeah, you might prefer that way but saying it’s more successful is as much bullshit as trying to claim that Haaland is an issue.
Far from the treble? We were in UCL and FA cup SF both times. We would have been in UCL F both times if it was not for a miracle in Madrid.

Also, sure facing Sheffield last season in FA cup SF didn't make any difference compared to Chelsea and Liverpool in the two previous season.

Winning the treble is about luck, but our level with Haaland and without him is pretty similar. And Haaland in both F and UCL SF was no difference maker at all. We would have won those titles without him.

Far from the treble? We were in UCL and FA cup SF both times. We would have been in UCL F both times if it was not for a miracle in Madrid.

Also, sure facing Sheffield last season in FA cup SF didn't make any difference compared to Chelsea and Liverpool in the two previous season.

Winning the treble is about luck, but our level with Haaland and without him is pretty similar. And Haaland in both F and UCL SF was no difference maker at all. We would have won those titles without him.

Stop drinking or smoking right now.

Stop drinking or smoking right now.
Haaland is one of the best in the world. But the notion that because of him we won the treble is laughable. I gave facts, not opinions.

Fact 1: Having FA cup SF against either Chelsea or Liverpool is much harder than against Sheffield. I mention SF, because that match is normally sandwich between UCL QF or SF, meaning we normally play with a weaker team (and we did against Sheffield, but it is Sheffield).

Fact 2: We didn't play better against Inter than Chelsea in 2021. Both were our worst matches of the competition. The difference is Chelsea had Havertz scoring his goal while Inter had Lukaku making sure Inter didn't.

Fact 3: We were just as superior against Madrid in 21/22 as in 22/23. Actually, we were more dominant in Bernabeu in 21/22, we lost because of a miracle pretty much.

Fact 4: Haaland didn't have any effect on FA cup F or UCL SF and F. He probably was the least important player in those 3 matches. We would have won those 3 matches with or without Haaland.

My point wasn't Haaland is bad for the team and we are better without him. My point is that thinking the reason we won the treble was because of Haaland, and not because we were slightly luckier is laughable.

We are coming to the business end of the season where a little quality from him could be the difference between 3 trophies and none.

Time to put away chances, keep creating space for others, and working his socks off for the cause.

And, it’s time to treat him like Shaun Goater!

“Feed the Viking and he will score!”

Haaland is one of the best in the world. But the notion that because of him we won the treble is laughable. I gave facts, not opinions.

Fact 1: Having FA cup SF against either Chelsea or Liverpool is much harder than against Sheffield. I mention SF, because that match is normally sandwich between UCL QF or SF, meaning we normally play with a weaker team (and we did against Sheffield, but it is Sheffield).

Fact 2: We didn't play better against Inter than Chelsea in 2021. Both were our worst matches of the competition. The difference is Chelsea had Havertz scoring his goal while Inter had Lukaku making sure Inter didn't.

Fact 3: We were just as superior against Madrid in 21/22 as in 22/23. Actually, we were more dominant in Bernabeu in 21/22, we lost because of a miracle pretty much.

Fact 4: Haaland didn't have any effect on FA cup F or UCL SF and F. He probably was the least important player in those 3 matches. We would have won those 3 matches with or without Haaland.

My point wasn't Haaland is bad for the team and we are better without him. My point is that thinking the reason we won the treble was because of Haaland, and not because we were slightly luckier is laughable.
Anyone else read this and finished it speechless?

No, thought he brought up a lot of good points.
They were just his opinions of certain games last year in comparison to previous years where he throws in the word ‘fact’ beforehand.
They are good points if you think the same way, sure.

I’ll refrain from the whole Haaland makes us weaker shite that some are trying their hardest to put forward.
I’ll leave it to the player himself to show you up instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.