9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Another big game passes him by. Honestly I think he is very overhyped and I have said as much for quite a while. He has been found out imo. He can’t cope with defenders who bully him as his technique and hold up play is really poor.

Be interesting to see if he can evolve and learn to adapt. Not a patch on Sergio
Mbappe isn't any better (I don't care if I am being baited). This season has been stopp start and you are forgetting he has had a lengthy injury and it looks like we are managing his fitness really carefully.

Pep is using him to draw multiple defenders giving others space but he himself must be frustrated with not being involved. We will have to change our playing style again or he will want a change. Very difficult situation ATM for all involved

This occupying defenders talk needs to stop. If he was occupying all these defenders there would be room for others. He isn't and there wasn't. Another poor showing unfortunately.
The thing is though they played with 8 goalies in the 2nd half and yet we're still trying to walk it in, try taking long shots & hope for a deflection, something!

As for Erling, we wanted him, so find a way to use him!

Pep is using him to draw multiple defenders giving others space but he himself must be frustrated with not being involved. We will have to change our playing style again or he will want a change. Very difficult situation ATM for all involved
Only team that can afford him at the moment is PSG .

He's so good. He's completely underutilized. We never play through balls to him anymore. We slow the pace down that he's constantly surrounded by 2 central defenders. I know it's a joke, but he'll leave us because of this and whether we can replace him or not I have no idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.