9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

I'm not sure what else he could have done yesterday as he had very few opportunities
Put some effort in, he is just ambling around the pitch far too often, yesterday it did not matter in the slightest, it's a friendly but next weekend I want to see him at it, at least put the keeper and defenders under a bit of pressure.

Last edited:
Love Haaland, his attitude and confidence is incredible. I want him to stay at City and progress and get even better as a player to see us and himself win more glories.

But, Odin's beard, he was fucking terrible yesterday! I'm going to put it down to the fact he didn't care about the match being a friendly, but i'm hoping it's not a developing personality trait of his where he chooses which games he cares about playing well in.

I think you need another striker to push and provide competition. You need competition to keep improving. Right now if Haaland has a bad game there’s no one to replace him on the bench.

Love Haaland, his attitude and confidence is incredible. I want him to stay at City and progress and get even better as a player to see us and himself win more glories.

But, Odin's beard, he was fucking terrible yesterday! I'm going to put it down to the fact he didn't care about the match being a friendly, but i'm hoping it's not a developing personality trait of his where he chooses which games he cares about playing well in.
I don't know if it's the muscle niggles holding him back but he did seem to be constantly caught on his heels yesterday with the rag defenders always getting to the ball first. Won't be long until we have a serious game to see him in either way.

Fair. Feel like he could have done more - 18 touches and 57% pass accuracy is pretty pitiful.

As I said, it’s a friendly, so it doesn’t really matter.

Well, I'm not honestly sure that Pep sees it that way. There's a lot on the line, and a lot of competition for places now in this squad. All game time and what players show in it counts.

An excellent oath there. Very suitable. I can almost see you blowing a horn on a mountainside to announce your post.

To be fair he had a near reserve midfield trying to supply him yesterday and he was never going to bust a gut in this game. Still not 100% fit as well, which might suggest to Pep to get a back up striker in

Put some effort in, he is just ambling around the pitch far too often, yesterday in did not matter in the slightest, it's a friendly but next weekend I want to see him at it, at least put the keeper and defenders under a bit of pressure.

Haaland needs to attack balls that are within his reach. Quite often he seems just to let them go and the opposition get a free uncontested attempt at a clearance.

Had a relatively quiet game, but tbf he was feeding off scraps. Stepped up when it mattered with his penalty, and humiliated Onana in the processs. Not really arsed anyway as it was only the Charity Shield. Looking forward to him bagging another golden boot this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.