9 | Erling Haaland - 2024/25

I know he doesn't expect to get the ball much with Foden behind him versus KDB, but dang, he could at least attempt to make some more runs and drag guys away. Even towards the end, when we broke with Kovacic and Doku, he wasn't even attempting to get even with their last defender. Maybe I'm being harsh. Fulham did defend well.

This graph is a reason as to why I think Rodri missing is not the biggest issue for City going forward.

It's the lack of goals from out other attacking players.

Against 90% of the teams in the Premier League we will be fine without Rodri, but against 90% of the teams in the league we cannot always rely on Haaland winning us games.
Too many of our players are past their best, Walker, Bernardo, Gundo, KDB, Stones.

If we regain the title this year it will be Pep's finest hour.

Try and get to January and keep in contention, and splash the cash for a couple of inspirational signings.

Rife rumours of him only signing a new deal if there’s a £100m release clause.

That would be low. Too low. And I can’t imagine we’d go for it. But then, if we don’t then we risk losing him for less as his deal rumbles on?

Obviously, a high chance it’s bollocks but there we are.

I’m hoping his saga turns out like Silva and Aguero in that he never actually leaves despite the constant rumours.
That's the risk with his signing, we got him cheap, if he bangs in 30-40 goals a season for the next two to three seasons he will have been a bargain.

Exciting 5 minutes at the start by getting in behind then we stopped finding Phil between the lines. Must be so frustrating for him/them!

He's got to be getting frustrated. I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck about being involved but that's on the understanding he'll get chances if he is where he needs to be. We are currently failing him by providing him with nothing. We have the most feared and potent striker on the planet and we aren't giving him chances, it's criminal and needs addressing urgently. Haaland himself did nothing wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.