#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's blame one of the youngest players in the team because the legends behind him were impeccable tonight and created tons of chances for him.

Wonderful forward. He'll win us the CL next month.
I mean there were a couple of occasions at least where KDB played the through ball straight to the Arsenal defender. Jesus gets slated everytime he wastes a chance KDB sets up, I suppose he's entitled to feel upset back at him.

We gain nothing from writing him off.

He should be given one more season as 3rd choice player & given cup games

his stats are good but he’s not an out and out striker

This. That moment where he was in the box with ample space behind him, but instead he opts to lay it off to
De Bruyne, has turned out to be a pivotal moment in the game. I’m pretty certain he isn’t even aware of the space he has behind him either. I’m a big fan of Jesus and don’t want to see him leave, however, there’s no wonder we’re possibly looking to extend Aguero’s contract further.

Sergio is godlike but even he will have a time when he drops off - we dont know how he will return from this injury and we have to be looking to the future

I dont want jesus to elave but he should never be considered the number one striker - he is a decent back up or second striker (Id be interested to see him partnered with someone who is a main striker as I think it would work for him)

Forget Marhez and Sterling, you can’t seriously be suggesting that if Aguero was playing or Kane/Aubameyang were playing for us that they would claim victim of circumstance status? No, they’d have got involved, faced the goal and at the very least kicked the ball in its vague direction

He is simply, not a threat
Aguero was playing in that line up, more games than Jesus and we got practically nothing, so yes, everyone would struggle in that formation, your not seeing the big picture, and i think you're a bit naive. Football is huge money and fame for footballers. Raz and Rez are obviously selfish and competing with each other and Jesus for time and statistics, it is in their best interest for Gabby not to perform and they are in control of this.
Their first notion should be to feed it on to Gabby in motion before the oppo. gets set up, they never do this, they hold it up and go alone, till a pass is the only option from a bad postion and you see how many of those are blocked. no striker would thrive the way your thinking in that set up. Also most of the goals we score when it's one or the other starting are more free flowing and our goals per game is higher.

This. That moment where he was in the box with ample space behind him, but instead he opts to lay it off to
De Bruyne, has turned out to be a pivotal moment in the game. I’m pretty certain he isn’t even aware of the space he has behind him either. I’m a big fan of Jesus and don’t want to see him leave, however, there’s no wonder we’re possibly looking to extend Aguero’s contract further.
Do you know why he did that? Because pushing the ball into the space would have pushed it on to his left foot and like so many others they refuse to even contemplate such a blasphemous thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.