#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we can add a third problem. Ignorance. He does score goals and lots of them. Remember when he first came into the squad with a run of games and benched Kun for a brief period? He was scoring at a higher rate that season. Here's the data.

Minutes to achieve a goal the last three seasons.

Aguero:

Jesus:

Aguero is clearly miles ahead of Jesus in finishing. We all know that. You see his left footed finish for his latest goal? It'll come, just like it did fnuor Raz.

Here's some more data for you. Minutes under Pep.

9804 minutes 95 goals for Kun.

5589 minutes 45 goals for Jesus.

Pretty similar yeah?

in one sentence you say Kun is miles ahead of Jesus in finishing and then you go on to say pretty similar.

Which one are you going with?

in one sentence you say Kun is miles ahead of Jesus in finishing and then you go on to say pretty similar.

Which one are you going with?

I don’t have to be going with either one. Kun is miles ahead of Jesus in terms of finishing as he should be because he’s the greatest of all time.

Let me turn that around and ask you why they’re so similar? He’s got 10 goals in 16 league cup games so soft games isn’t an option. He’s started 59 games and scored 45 goals. That’s phenomenal for somebody that you don’t seem to trust.

I don’t have to be going with either one. Kun is miles ahead of Jesus in terms of finishing as he should be because he’s the greatest of all time.

Let me turn that around and ask you why they’re so similar? He’s got 10 goals in 16 league cup games so soft games isn’t an option. He’s started 59 games and scored 45 goals. That’s phenomenal for somebody that you don’t seem to trust.

I won't address the greatest of all-time point because its all about opinions, but I would say that comment is slightly far fetched. Don't get me wrong he's a world-class player.
You can fire all sorts of numbers at me that will fit your point im sure, however, at the moment I don't feel like Jesus can carry the burden of being City's main man, but that's just me. His lack of playing time probably backs that up to be fair but you are well within your rights to think otherwise.

Aguero's 100% a better finisher than Jesus. There's not a single occasion I'd feel more confident Jesus taking a chance than Aguero. But that's not because Jesus is a poor finisher, it's just that Aguero's an elite one.

The big thing Jesus has going for him in terms of goalscoring is movement. He makes excellent runs and has an uncanny ability to peel of defenders in the area (It's why he gets on the end of so many crosses, shame his heading's not there yet though); he tends to get easier chances, a bit like Sterling. It's not that Aguero lacks movement either or doesn't know how to get into good scoring positions, because he obviously does. It's just that Jesus is incredibly good at it.

I won't address the greatest of all-time point because its all about opinions, but I would say that comment is slightly far fetched. Don't get me wrong he's a world-class player.
You can fire all sorts of numbers at me that will fit your point im sure, however, at the moment I don't feel like Jesus can carry the burden of being City's main man, but that's just me. His lack of playing time probably backs that up to be fair but you are well within your rights to think otherwise.

There's nothing wrong with having gut feelings or not being a fan of data. I get it. You're in his thread so I'm wondering what leads you to that conclusion. He can sure as hell handle the burden for Manchester City IMO. He lead the line to win Brazil their first Olympic Gold medal as a 20 year old! In 30 years when everyone refers back to us and our dominance it'll be under the moniker of centurions. It was his last finish that earned us that title. For a Kun successor it doesn't get more symbolic than that!

He reminds me a bit of Andy Cole in the fact that he needs a few chances to get his goal. You look at Sergio in a goal-scoring opportunity and you know it's going in. I don't quite get that same feeling with Jesus. Hopefully, a run of games will change my mind.

That isn’t true. Sergio for me always seems like he scores the hard ones and misses the easy ones. He must miss a fair amount of chances each season. Not a criticism, just don’t agree that any opportunity Sergio gets, he scores.

Aguero's 100% a better finisher than Jesus. There's not a single occasion I'd feel more confident Jesus taking a chance than Aguero. But that's not because Jesus is a poor finisher, it's just that Aguero's an elite one.

The big thing Jesus has going for him in terms of goalscoring is movement. He makes excellent runs and has an uncanny ability to peel of defenders in the area (It's why he gets on the end of so many crosses, shame his heading's not there yet though); he tends to get easier chances, a bit like Sterling. It's not that Aguero lacks movement either or doesn't know how to get into good scoring positions, because he obviously does. It's just that Jesus is incredibly good at it.

Aguero is not 100% a better finisher than Jesus; nothing like.

If you want to quote %'s, during their Premier League careers:

Aguero has scored from 18% of his shots
Jesus has scored from 21% of his shots.

Both players miss 1 big chance every two games.

A lot of pressure on him today. Did well under the circumstances I thought. Got his customary goal (and offside before anyone else says it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.