9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
we wont even get 40m pounds then its a real shit business to sell him. Arsenal getting giddy they getting him on the cheap which is true given they were charged 70m+ for Nicolas Pepe who is third of the player than Jesus.

True but the same could be said about Sterling (although he is on more money Gabby and would more difficult to sell)

Agree on that but Gabby doesn't have long on his contract so if we are cashing in the summer now is the best time. We can ask for a good amount (same as the dips and Sterling) we can't ask for what they had paid for Pepe. Ideally we should keep Gabby and with a better contract (although not in the same bracket as Haaland and KDB)

Last edited:
Reactions: JDV
Difficult one. He's been great for us over the years and always works so hard, and he's still relatively young.

He's a very good player who's suffered a lot for being compared to Aguero, I think. He's not in the same bracket as Kun, and there's no shame in that.

Three options: 1) sell him now, 2) let him go for free at the end of next season, 3) give him a new contract and potentially sell him after a year or two.

I'd say keep him on a new contract, if he wants to stay and the financials work out. He'll get some time on the wing, which is apparently his preferred position, and some time up top too as Haaland can't play every minute and Alvarez is as yet unproven. If he's okay with being a squad player then I want him in our squad. His talent and workrate warrant that.

But if he wants to go somewhere where he'll be the main man, playing most matches and in his preferred position, I say we don't stand in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.