9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy for him. I think this is one of the few times in Pep’s history here he’s named back to back starting 11’s. I am all for rotation but I hope to see the same 11 vs Leicester after the break.

Explosive, dynamic, good on the ball. Some of us new there was a player there - we've just not been using him correctly.

Could be a huge season for him, breakout.

You forget he's still only 24 as well, feels like he's been around for a decade.

Explosive, dynamic, good on the ball. Some of us new there was a player there - we've just not been using him correctly.

Could be a huge season for him, breakout.

You forget he's still only 24 as well, feels like he's been around for a decade.
Two appearances away from his 200th. 83 goals and 37 assists in that time.

I think there's an important lesson that can be learned here, that should apply to other players too.

No matter what you think of them, every City attacking player under Pep is SUMPREMELY talented. Ok they don't always show it, and they're not helped by being in the presence of other brilliant players, but the talent IS there. In Jesus's case for example, it was always there.

Mahrez, Foden, Bernardo, Jesus, Sterling, Torres, Gundogan, De Bruyne, and Grealish. Whether you think they're world class or just ok, they've all got aspects to their games that put them towards the very top percentiles of all footballers in the world in said aspects. Some are more obvious than others, but they ALL have at least one thing special about them. We should remember this moving forwards.

Might also be worth noting in the transfer threads too. It might be why we're not settling on just any forward; if we buy someone they have to be special in some way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.