9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is statistics for Sterling playing as a RW - I think he has best goals and assists ratio there..

I am not talking about LW, there he plays below average - but as a RW he is the best and whenever Pep plays him there, he always delivers..

As for the Mahreze come on, even last year in CL playoffs he delivered and right now he is our best scorer, even though he doesn't play that much..
I can’t have Sterling in the equation until he improves drastically. He has shown that he can deliver more than Jesus and Mahrez combined but it was a long time ago and until he gets anywhere near his top level he is not in the argument IMO.

Mahrez best work comes in Euro and International football, so there is an argument that he starts in CL games over Jesus. We play 38 domestic league games every season though and Mahrez doesn’t have any consistency in these games at all. Jesus starts over him every PL game for me.

Winner at Chelsea, winner at PSG.

I would like to see him back at striker. Especially as it would still give him the opportunities to float around.

I know he has said he prefers playing out wide and pep has also acknowledged it but he is surely our best option without torres. He would never be clinical but no one is really clinical in our side and he has that physically that none of our false nines have.

I think for this side to win everything, we need him to play as a striker sometimes.

It made such a big difference to our play last night just having that focal point in the attack. Creates more scoring opportunities for the non-strikers, and obviously he can finish.

He obviously struggles with the pressure of being the number 9 in the wake of being expected to be better than Aguero every time he played for the past 4 years but Pep's got to get him past that.

We almost have to con him into thinking he's playing another position - which he is sort of doing, because if you look at his goals this season, they're all strikers finishes from around the 6 yard box when he rotates into the 9 position.

Winner at Chelsea, winner at PSG.

I would like to see him back at striker. Especially as it would still give him the opportunities to float around.
Gabby always turns up for the big matches..Real Madrid, FA Cup final and semi, PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool etc etc.
He is the most under-rated player in the PL in my view and would walk into most top European teams...just for his workrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.