9 more wins

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Any other season we would be 8 points minimum clear. They just wont go away and if they beat Spurs I can see them pipping us.

Bound to be the odd twist but I think we will need to win 10 of our last 12.
Its just a pity it aint Chelsea or Arsenal on our tails, to lose it to that lot would be hard to stomach, but we aint top of the league by luck, so if we have got this far then we have to beleive we can finish the job.

We've played 26 games and are top, we only have to be top over the next 12 games and we are champions.

United have just as difficult a 12 games to play as we have, and while their results are good their actual play isn't anything special, hopefully they will slip up more than we do. and we have virtually a full squad to pick from just now, while they have some injuries.

The key will be the respective managers, souralex has the experience of winning this league, Mancini doesn't. It will eventually come down to the one game, we will be favourites because of our home form, but their away form (results) is good. We have the better players, we should win, but he will have seen how we have been beaten this year, and will adopt the same (park the bus) tactics, frustrate us,and hope to catch us on the break. If we can avoid defeat in that game, we will be favourites to be champions, but its impossible to predict just now, so the best thing for us all, is to just worry about the next game, keep winning, and no matter what they do, we stay top.

Both of us will surely drop points between now and April 30th, if one of us doesn't then they will be the champions.

jrb said:
Unfortunatley United have come through their tuff games unscathed. Damn! Arsenal, Stoke, Chelsea, Liverpool, Norwich. They've only dropped 2 points. I was hoping they'd drop at least 6 points in that period.

Tbh I'm now pinning my hopes on a Spurs victory. We should beat Bolton, so that would take us 5 clear. We still have to play United at home. If we win that one it would make it 8 points clear, meaning we can afford to lose and draw a couple of games.

Looking at the remining fixtures, United are currently favourites. They have 3 tricky games left. Us away, Wolves away with a new manager and fighting for PL survival, and Sunderland away last game of the season. The rest of their fixtures won't be a problem for them. Wins all the way. Anyone who says anything different is.......(fill in as appropriate)

City on the other hand have Swansea, Stoke, Arsenal, Wolves and Norwich away. With Chelsea at home. Our title hopes will be deicided by those 5 away games and United at home.
Check the bookies. Utd aren't the favourites at all.

We just need to carry on what we are doing and we'll be fine. I see plenty of believe from the team when they take the field.

Spuds know that they have to beat the Rags just to keep Arse and Chelski from catching them so.......it's getting very interesting, very interesting!

Keep calm and as we are onwards and upwards

jrb said:
They have 3 tricky games left.
We have tricky games left as well.

-United
-Chelsea
-Arsenal

We could easily lose to any of these teams if they convert their chances and we don't.

SWP's back said:
Check the bookies. Utd aren't the favourites at all.
They're favourites amongst many City fans though, simply because we're not used to being in this position, and many are still waiting for the roof to fall in. Personally the confidence in the team yesterday suggests the roof will stay up, and having watched united recently I'd be far more worried about the roof falling in if I was a rag.

But, nobody can predict it, today was a very very important goal in their season, they will have gained extra strength from it.

cleavers said:
We've played 26 games and are top, we only have to be top over the next 12 games and we are champions.

United have just as difficult a 12 games to play as we have, and while their results are good their actual play isn't anything special, hopefully they will slip up more than we do. and we have virtually a full squad to pick from just now, while they have some injuries.

The key will be the respective managers, souralex has the experience of winning this league, Mancini doesn't. It will eventually come down to the one game, we will be favourites because of our home form, but their away form (results) is good. We have the better players, we should win, but he will have seen how we have been beaten this year, and will adopt the same (park the bus) tactics, frustrate us,and hope to catch us on the break. If we can avoid defeat in that game, we will be favourites to be champions, but its impossible to predict just now, so the best thing for us all, is to just worry about the next game, keep winning, and no matter what they do, we stay top.

Both of us will surely drop points between now and April 30th, if one of us doesn't then they will be the champions.

How do you work that one out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.