9 up for sale at Madrid

I would probably prefer to have Robben and Huntelaar but Hunter is probably of to Arsenal. We don't need any of these guys anyway.

Heinze's career is done, he was disgustingly bad last season at Madrid.

Here's my take on these players:

Van Nistelrooy/ Huntelaar - We already have Roque Santa Cruz/Adebayor as the central strikers. Van Nistelrooy is aged and Hughes is building a youthful squad. Huntelaar is a great player but is he any better than Roque and Ade? I think the next stage up from here now is not Huntelaar class but real world class like a Villa or Torres or Eto'o.

Sneijder/ Van Der Vaart - One of the two i'd say, probably Sneijder. Sneijder is quality and if Elano goes we'll only have Ireland and will need one. To be honest I would play Sneijder and regrettably have Ireland as backup.

Gabriel Heinze - Aged and cannot offer anything better than kolo or lescott. A no for me.

Robben - I would say a must buy. It is basically Robinho/Petrov on left attack and Tevez/WrightPhilips on right. Robben is a must buy and can play both sides. Then sell petrov and Wrightphilips drop down to 4th pick.

Drenthe - Better than Bridge? No. In the future? Yes. But I wouldn't necessarily by him as a back-up, we're aiming higher than that.

Diarra - Good but wouldn't fit in. We got our own english talent in Barry and De Jong as back up.

Robben certainly.

The defence needs strengthening and is a far more pressing issue if we are to start winning matches, especially away from home.

Shay Given must be praying that we are soon announcing the acquisition of a well respected, commanding central defender and a quality right back to offer him much greater support than he gets at the moment.

lionheart said:
AmericanManC said:
Wow! All the pundits say that city need a good defensive mid and Diarra would be perfect. He's also a leader. He had been the backbone of Madrid before he got nick'd. We should also get Drenthe as he is fast and could fair up some competition for fullback if Richards gets lazy.
Don't we have enough defensive mids already? Kompany, De Jong, Barry, Zabaleta? We need a creative back-up to Ireland, especially if Elano goes.
Good call bro, thougth barry was a center half. If elano leaves, we can get robbo to fill in or maybe we could get robben, ( who I think is just a faster petrov)

The only 2 that would interest me would be Sneijder and Van der Vaart. They are both top quality players and would fit in well in the Premiership. However what we really need are defenders, bringing in either of those 2 would just add to our already congested midfield. Elano, Ireland, Barry, De Jong, Kompany, Johnson, these 6 can all play central (where Sneijder and Van der Vaart would naturally fit in. We can only play 3 at most, and probably 2 is more likely.

Matty said:
The only 2 that would interest me would be Sneijder and Van der Vaart. They are both top quality players and would fit in well in the Premiership. However what we really need are defenders, bringing in either of those 2 would just add to our already congested midfield. Elano, Ireland, Barry, De Jong, Kompany, Johnson, these 6 can all play central (where Sneijder and Van der Vaart would naturally fit in. We can only play 3 at most, and probably 2 is more likely.

van der vaart can play upfront and also on both flanks so would bring versatility. It looks like Elano is going anyway and Sneijder or Van der Vaart would both be amazing signings in my opinion!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.