90 minutes of booing Dippers

Rich lfc said:
Firstly a great game yesterday played by the two best teams in the league, it could have gone either way and the title race still can, and if we don't win it I hope you guys do. I am a season ticket holder in the kop, the booing is nothing personal it's done to pressure the opposition (a lot of europes most intimidating teams galatasary etc), and it is a compliment to how good you side is. I have had my season ticket for over 25 years on the kop and I would say 90% of the games that are played at anfield the atmosphere is nothing special, but when it is needed the fans are second to none, we are not Chelsea or arsenal where they give out there little plastic flags, everything is organised by the fans, meeting the coach, having flag days, all of the flags on the kop are made by the fans not freebies left on the seats. Anfield is by no means the biggest or best stadium around, but when needed it can be a very noisy very intimidating place, (and was previously voted the ground with the best atmosphere in world football) only a few years back I watched cassilas cry after we stuffed real Madrid 4-0, the fans will boo wave flags scream and shout and give everything to help the team and put off the opposition. I have a lot of time for your club and if we don't win the league I really hope you guys do, but moaning about the home fans booing your team is bizarre, you have a fantastic team your a quality set of supporters surely you would love that noise and colour at the etihad intimidating the opposition, let's be honest what's to stop you guys making your own flags it only takes 1 to start.

Moaning bastard new-comers who can't get a picture of the opposition when they score a goal against us, or just moaning bastards in general who won't get off their arse to make some atmosphere

Was speaking to a Liverpool lad at work this morning he said the same thing as others on here. Apparently it is supposed to intimidate the players.
Personally if I am paying £50 for a ticket the last thing I am going to do is sit on my arse booing for 90 mins.
They just came across as unintelligent, self pitying set of glory seekers.

CitizenTID said:
Moaning bastard new-comers who can't get a picture of the opposition when they score a goal against us, or just moaning bastards in general who won't get off their arse to make some atmosphere

Or people that don't need a flag to enjoy their football, and don't feel the need to fit in with a stereotype of what a real football supporter is.

People that want to do flags, good luck to them. No skin off my nose. But it means very little in the scheme of things.

moomba said:
CitizenTID said:

Or people that don't need a flag to enjoy their football, and don't feel the need to fit in with a stereotype of what a real football supporter is.

People that want to do flags, good luck to them. No skin off my nose. But it means very little in the scheme of things.

Regarding the last part of my statement I mostly meant to stand up to get a view if a flag is in their way but just didn't write that. I have no doubt if we had the flags the kop have there would be numerous complaints to the club from fans that couldn't see the players come onto the pitch before kick off

greasedupdeafguy said:
What a fucking embarrassing thread this is, criticising fans for trying to make an atmosphere. Shows how bad English fans have become.
I have more respect for the Dippers for making the atmosphere hostile, than I would have if they had just sat on there hands and done nowt....the saying the crowd can be the 12th man was never more evident than the opening 25minutes yesterday, and any City fan thinking they were out of order for booing and hissing and what ever else they did when we had the ball is an embarrassment to themselves and needs to grow up or even better grow some bollocks

Personally, I couldn't give a shit if Liverpool fans want to boo every time the opposition have the ball, that's up to them. I just hope people see the stupidity of it and that it doesn't become the norm at matches.

big blueballs said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
What a fucking embarrassing thread this is, criticising fans for trying to make an atmosphere. Shows how bad English fans have become.
I have more respect for the Dippers for making the atmosphere hostile, than I would have if they had just sat on there hands and done nowt....the saying the crowd can be the 12th man was never more evident than the opening 25minutes yesterday, and any City fan thinking they were out of order for booing and hissing and what ever else they did when we had the ball is an embarrassment to themselves and needs to grow up or even better grow some bollocks

This all day. It never ceases to amaze me every time we're at home how quiet the stadium is when you consider there's 47K every time. I can count on the one hand the number of times I've walked away from the Etihad and thought wow that was some atmosphere. It just never happens with City. Fair play to the Dippers for ratcheting it up. Wish we could put the fear of god into the oppo off the park as much as the players do on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.