90 minutes of booing Dippers

Firstly a great game yesterday played by the two best teams in the league, it could have gone either way and the title race still can, and if we don't win it I hope you guys do. I am a season ticket holder in the kop, the booing is nothing personal it's done to pressure the opposition (a lot of europes most intimidating teams galatasary etc), and it is a compliment to how good you side is. I have had my season ticket for over 25 years on the kop and I would say 90% of the games that are played at anfield the atmosphere is nothing special, but when it is needed the fans are second to none, we are not Chelsea or arsenal where they give out there little plastic flags, everything is organised by the fans, meeting the coach, having flag days, all of the flags on the kop are made by the fans not freebies left on the seats. Anfield is by no means the biggest or best stadium around, but when needed it can be a very noisy very intimidating place, (and was previously voted the ground with the best atmosphere in world football) only a few years back I watched cassilas cry after we stuffed real Madrid 4-0, the fans will boo wave flags scream and shout and give everything to help the team and put off the opposition. I have a lot of time for your club and if we don't win the league I really hope you guys do, but moaning about the home fans booing your team is bizarre, you have a fantastic team your a quality set of supporters surely you would love that noise and colour at the etihad intimidating the opposition, let's be honest what's to stop you guys making your own flags it only takes 1 to start.

Pam said:
GStar said:
The stage when the premature millionaires of Liverpool may have actually required their fans to back them (at 2-2, 60th-80th minute or so) they were nowhere to be heard.

Our atmosphere is practically non existent these days, our record still fantastic. Footballers these days will take very little from the atmosphere, it's more for us, the spectators.

Having said that, as much as i thought the boo-ing (along with everything else - greeting the bus as it arrived at the stadium, being allowed to come out 5 minutes early and sing a song before kick off, Gerrard crying and giving a cliche riddled 'speech' on the pitch infront of the sky cameras) was incredibly childish/small time/disrespectful. i can't help think we'd have done the same thing, given the chance - the booing that is, not waving flags at a darkened window bus, 5 games before the end of the season.

Err, remember the third last game of the season in 2011/12? A small matter of overhauling a seemingly unassailable rag lead. We didn't boo for more than a few minutes.

That's how long they managed to take the ball off us for.

This thread is fucking embarrassing, nothing at all wrong with them booing it's only what we do during every derby game. Many factors to be rightly fucked off about yesterday...Suarez not getting a 2nd yellow for diving, skrtle punching the ball clear and kompany's huge fuck up....opposition fans booing is not one imo.

Whistling players etc dosnt bother me there doing that to put us under pressure I actually thought they clapped yaya off the pitch obvs they cheered as he went down but most teams do that.

colin's bell helmet said:
This thread is fucking embarrassing, nothing at all wrong with them booing it's only what we do during every derby game. Many factors to be rightly fucked off about yesterday...Suarez not getting a 2nd yellow for diving, skrtle punching the ball clear and kompany's huge fuck up....opposition fans booing is not one imo.

Is it really necessary to slag off a thread so vehemently just because there are people with a differing opinion to yours? Deal with it.

Moaning about booing the opposition....oh dear.... Yesterday was a great game between two great sides, end to end stuff and Liverpool edged it....if we don't win it i want Liverpool to, Liverpool fans were the 12th man yesterday and good luck to them, we moan about the lack of passion at the Etihad and people moan because they boo the opposition, get a life....
#CTID

pride in battle said:
Moaning about booing the opposition....oh dear.... Yesterday was a great game between two great sides, end to end stuff and Liverpool edged it....if we don't win it i want Liverpool to, Liverpool fans were the 12th man yesterday and good luck to them, we moan about the lack of passion at the Etihad and people moan because they boo the opposition, get a life....
#CTID

I'm not moaning about booing the opposition. I am saying that doing EVERY time we had the ball for the entire game was unnecessary and a bit classless.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
pride in battle said:
#CTID

I'm not moaning about booing the opposition. I am saying that doing EVERY time we had the ball for the entire game was unnecessary and a bit classless.

Why? Seriously? Liverpool fans were doing everything they could to assist THEIR team....

tumblr_lqrrylVyfU1qkb66ro1_400.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.