90 minutes of booing Dippers

LFCJax said:
It's not really disrespectful, I'd take it as a compliment that the fans had to go above and beyond to try and affect your game.

To be honest I really liked it, reminded me of away games in Turkey where the hostile atmosphere can seem to stop you from playing, it sucks the life out of the away side and energizes the home side.

except they were fucking silent as we pressed, they shit it, only once they fluked the lead did they murmoured a word.

I get that you can't expect a friendly atmosphere and I didn't expect one yesterday. But the booing, that loud, from the very first second we had possession didn't fit the occasion.

Would you have expected it from United after we'd impeccably observed the minute's silence for the Munich disaster? That day, we showed respect to each other and were still able to fully support our teams, and they theirs.

For me, you can't have it both ways. An expected deference one minute and then hostility and disrespect the next. Take the disaster away from the day and I'd have had absolutely no problem with it - in fact I'd be happy if we created half the same atmosphere.

The booing of Yaya's injury was more offensive to me. I've never heard an audible celebration of a player's injury in my life. Maybe they want it so badly they forgot themselves a little yesterday.

Good game anyway - and now we move on.

I am all for hostility. If you don't like it you have an option. Wish we did it more than just when the scum turn up.

Get rid of showsec then we can have a free for all next time these twats turn up at the etihad lol

No excuse anyone involved in throwing things at coaches are scum nothing more, but get a grip moaning about the opposition fans booing your players is embarrassing, I cannot believe some of the comment in this thread, do you want us to sing blue moon to make you feel more comfortable, put some tea and biscuits on your seats.

If I thought for a second that any of our players were remotely affected by a bit of booing I'd want them sold.

In reality though it was an insignigicant part of the day. Not worth anyone getting upset about.

I don't mind opposition fans booing ocassionaly, but for the entire match really did my head in. I hate stoke fans for it and i can't recall hearing YNWA sung once during the match.

Seemed more bothered booing our players than supporting their side yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.