90 minutes of booing Dippers

Remember the 96- Check
Show solidarity towards your fellow football fans as it could have been anyone that day- CHECK
Respect the minutes silence-Check
Support your own team with passion and pride- Check
As soon as the remembrances are over, sit and listen to the booing towards your own DIGNIFIED AND RESPECTFUL team for 90 minutes.- Check
Listen to the cheers as your star player limps off the pitch with a bad injury- Check
Sit on a bus whilst its window is put through by the very fans your club showed so much respect too 90 mins before. Check
Never see Liverpool Football club in the same light again-Check

Classless and trampish cu''ts.

Super David Silva 21 said:
I don't mind opposition fans booing ocassionaly, but for the entire match really did my head in. I hate stoke fans for it and i can't recall hearing YNWA sung once during the match.

Seemed more bothered booing our players than supporting their side yesterday.

Oh my god, if our support was rubbish yesterday you must have some sort of atmosphere at the etihad, my mate went with me yesterday and he's a Newcastle fan his comment was he's never been to a match with a better atmosphere in his life he was blown away by the noise and the spectacle, absolute madness.

Rich lfc said:
Oh my god, if our support was rubbish yesterday you must have some sort of atmosphere at the etihad, my mate went with me yesterday and he's a Newcastle fan his comment was he's never been to a match with a better atmosphere in his life he was blown away by the noise and the spectacle, absolute madness.
He doesn't say your support was "rubbish" though does he ? He says that booing our players did his head in.

It is a bit small time isn't it ? and there wasn't much noise, or booing after we scored the first, until Vinny f**ked up the clearance, and you scored the third.

cleavers said:
Rich lfc said:
He doesn't say your support was "rubbish" though does he ? He says that booing our players did his head in.

It is a bit small time isn't it ? and there wasn't much noise, or booing after we scored the first, until Vinny f**ked up the clearance, and you scored the third.

We have done it for years in big games, against utd it's even more so, also against Chelsea especially in the champions league semi finals, and in all the games it's done in never have I read or heard opposition fans moan about it, mourinho actually came out and praised us for creating such an intimidating atmosphere, it happens in all big European nights and yet here you have a twenty page thread moaning about being booed, it's a compliment to your team. I have to say I am shocked at the amount of whining about it.

I'd much prefer songs being sang for 90 minutes if you want to intimidate us.

Also lifts your team surely.

As i said, i don't mind the odd booing.

I wouldn't like our fans booing for 90 mins, Singing songs and lifting the team is what i wanna hear.

Super David Silva 21 said:
I'd much prefer songs being sang for 90 minutes if you want to intimidate us.

Also lifts your team surely.

As i said, i don't mind the odd booing.

I wouldn't like our fans booing for 90 mins, Singing songs and lifting the team is what i wanna hear.

It's always been the same, I remember going to Liverpool v auxerre about 20 years ago, we lost the away leg 2-0 ,we won 3-0 at anfield and the auxerre players were clearly intimidated by the atmosphere, the same happened against psg, there were top international players in their team and you could tell the atmosphere got to them. Utd players have always been booed from start to finish, it has always happened in the big matches at anfield, the crowd give everything to support the team and will boo the opposition to try to intimidate, anfield was voted the most atmospheric ground in the world a few years back, don't get me wrong 90% of the games are pretty run of the mill, but when needed the fans up their game, it really is a compliment how good your team is that the fans needed to hype the atmosphere up, if you think it was noisy and hostile yesterday Chelsea will be 100x worse, their is a genuine liking of man city from our end, Chelsea are despised.

I don't see the fuss over the booing to be honest, the last Maine Road derby was deafening when we did it with whistling as well. For big games against rivals I think it's perfectly acceptable (for any old game then inappropriate).

For us, of course I'd much prefer the whole stadium singing - unless they have a medical reason, old or are hungover really can't see why people don't join in as much as they used to as they are letting the club and rest of our supporters down in essence. This season the home atmosphere has been shameful, people thought it was bad last year but at least we had the Kippax corner we could rely on but that area seems to have swelled with people wanting a seat in the atmosphere area and then not getting any atmosphere because they don't generate any - I'm guessing a lot of those who sang there have moved or been priced out.

Rich lfc said:
We have done it for years in big games, against utd it's even more so, also against Chelsea especially in the champions league semi finals, and in all the games it's done in never have I read or heard opposition fans moan about it, mourinho actually came out and praised us for creating such an intimidating atmosphere, it happens in all big European nights and yet here you have a twenty page thread moaning about being booed, it's a compliment to your team. I have to say I am shocked at the amount of whining about it.
I can't say I've noticed it before, and judging from other posts on here nor have many others, as I said, to us it seems a bit small time. If you think its great then fine. Its a difference of opinion between two sets of fans, you've certainly never done it against us before, and that includes the LC semi a couple of season ago.

Wound me up to no end, but we'd have done the same to get an advantage. We did it in the cup semi against United in 2011 although not as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.