93:20/Joe’s/Corporate

I’ve been in 93:20 (East Stand) since it opened. Lots of good Blues sat around us for Prem games that are lifelong fans. I sing when I want in there. Different audience for Champions League games where anyone can e sat in there.

Good seats but not good VFM compared with many other parts of the ground. Supporting City is my main hobby so have no qualms about paying the extra.

The 93:20 in the Colin Bell stand felt a bit different on the one occasion i was in there with less long serving Blues, but I might have got the wrong impression.
My brother and his two kids are in there as well, said champs league games can be a nightmare

Thanks for this thread. Good to hear the real stories.

So a question for you all; how is the Legends Lounge these days? Thinking of bringing my lad over from the States for his first visit to see God's Own and don't want to risk buying match tickets due to availability (even though I am a Cityzen and Boston Branch Member) so may try and plump for some Hospitality. It's been a few years since I was there myself so I kind of like the idea of maybe doing something like that and maybe meeting a legend or two so as to make it worthwhile for him (and maybe he will appreciate what I have been wittering on about since he was a small boy...;) ) Just wish that the King was still around as I understand that he would make an odd appearance there...:( Mind you, I would have probably shit my pantaloons if he showed up.

Now my son has seen City over here but only in pre-season tournaments. The boy needs the full Monty to really understand, although he is pretty obsessed as it is, God Bless him. I would also look into a stadium tour and all that too. There's a lot more trophies there now than there were when I did my last stadium tour...:) As it will most likely be next season, I hope that the CL Trophy will be there too. I have held that before...long story...

Anyway, any advice will be much appreciated from this armchair fan; not that I ever actually sit watching City. :)
Been in there a few times this season, it’s OK, not anything fancy but decent buffet/carvery food and pretty relaxed, always a few ex players doing the rounds, had a good chat with Andy Morrison and Ian Brightwell last time I was there

I've been in 93:20 since the start (CB L2). Traditional routine pre match has been pub - taxi -then stadium about 15 mins before ko. Covid clobbered the pub routine for recent times so spent more time in 93:20 bars. Nice big spaces with TV and views outside. Food is surprisingly ok - never rated any football found higher (except maybe Balti pies at Walsall!) and though expensive, convenient. Service ok too. Meeters and greeters are lovely! However totally baffled about why there has never been a decent range of bottled/canned beer. 7Bros stuff is a start but why not more? "Arena" culture means alcohol (and water!!) prices are always going to be expensive sadly.

I've been in 93:20 since the start (CB L2). Traditional routine pre match has been pub - taxi -then stadium about 15 mins before ko. Covid clobbered the pub routine for recent times so spent more time in 93:20 bars. Nice big spaces with TV and views outside. Food is surprisingly ok - never rated any football found higher (except maybe Balti pies at Walsall!) and though expensive, convenient. Service ok too. Meeters and greeters are lovely! However totally baffled about why there has never been a decent range of bottled/canned beer. 7Bros stuff is a start but why not more? "Arena" culture means alcohol (and water!!) prices are always going to be expensive sadly.
That pretty much matches me, I’m in 222, never understand why they don’t sell spirits, enjoy a whiskey in the winter.

That pretty much matches me, I’m in 222, never understand why they don’t sell spirits, enjoy a whiskey in the winter.
They used to in the early days at normal bars and stopped. Not seen it ant any ground for well over 10 years.

They used to in the early days at normal bars and stopped. Not seen it ant any ground for well over 10 years.
I used to meet a top Blue at half time on the spirals behind the East Stand and he would share out the Courvoisier or Bell’s. I’d get him a pint in in return.

They sell spirits in Joes East. My mate gets JD and a can of coke think its £5.50 but it pisses him off that he has to have a can of coke with every JD cos they wont sell it on its own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.