A ‘new’ City?

The opening para of an article I read yesterday...

"Watching manchester city as a neutral can be a relatively joyless experience.
It’s sometimes quite mechanical, often comically one-sided; a style of football to be deeply admired but rarely loved"

Bit harsh interviewing Solskjaer just after he was sacked

Currently on holiday in Orlando (thanks to Orlando supporters club for your hospitality last Sunday) and was being dragged around Disney Springs, which is an extremely expensive shopping ‘experience’. Anyways, imagine my absolute delight when passing ‘Pelé Soccer’ to see one of their windows completely taken over by our beautiful Blues and a certain Stockport based superstar. Not a red shirt in sight and it was glorious.

It’s sometimes quite mechanical, often comically one-sided; a style of football to be deeply admired but rarely loved"

Most football journalists and pundits in the UK know very little about the game of football. They grew up liking it but don't really understand it.

It's like asking someone to review a bottle of the most expensive and complex bottles of red wine when all they drink is jaeger bombs.

Pat Nevin loves football and loves watching us. When you compare Nevin and Onuoha to other football pundits the difference is staggering. I can't think of another sport (if any) that dumbs it's coverage down as much as football.

Most football journalists and pundits in the UK know very little about the game of football. They grew up liking it but don't really understand it.

It's like asking someone to review a bottle of the most expensive and complex bottles of red wine when all they drink is jaeger bombs.

Pat Nevin loves football and loves watching us. When you compare Nevin and Onuoha to other football pundits the difference is staggering. I can't think of another sport (if any) that dumbs it's coverage down as much as football.
So true, I suppose they have to dumb it down for all the plastic fans who probably didn't play or support teams as kids

What a load of nonsense by the writer. Pep has changed the style of footy in the EPL for the better. The truth is that managers are not as smart as Pep and clubs dont have the players or resources to match City. Record points, record goals and some of the most sublime football I have ever had the privilege to see.How could a "neutral" not be mesmerised by watching City ???? The writer is surely a rag clutching at straws to denigrate our club.

Currently on holiday in Orlando (thanks to Orlando supporters club for your hospitality last Sunday) and was being dragged around Disney Springs, which is an extremely expensive shopping ‘experience’. Anyways, imagine my absolute delight when passing ‘Pelé Soccer’ to see one of their windows completely taken over by our beautiful Blues and a certain Stockport based superstar. Not a red shirt in sight and it was glorious.
Did you take a pic ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.