A 38 year olds perspective

GaudinoMotors said:
meeesh said:
Right here goes,needing to get things off my chest,so your having it !!!

As the header says I am 38 years old (1971 born) and been a Blue almost since I knew what football was about,and have loved every minute of it.

I will defend Manchester City in every given quarter,not always with violence,or chat,but with a love that nothing will ever come near...ever.

Being the age that I am,I have a very broad outlook on things related to City,mostly good I may add,because being a supporter for 30 odd years I am used to whatever the club can throw at me.

What upsets me is when Rags/other fools say to me City have never won anything,and this is where I beg to differ.
We won the league under KK a few years ago,and as I say to these muppets you can only win the league you are competing in,we were in that league,and we pissed it...end of..trophy won.

I was there when Luton sent us down,was there when we drew 2-2 with Liverpool to send us down,proper BAD days believe me,but have also shared many GREAT days as well as winning the league,Wembley 99, and winning promotion at Blackburn probably being the highlights.

In my mid to late twenties I pretty much travelled a lot of places to see City,grim places like Chesterfield/Wycombe/York but would never lose faith or hope that one day,just one day we would be kings of the world.

I thought we were on the road to that during the KK era to be fair,as a trip to Lokeren made me feel fucking brilliant,about being a Blue,especially meeting loads in Belgium who am pretty sure shared the same belief.

I would never have dreamed later that/next season that Anelka and Fowler would be leading our front line,amazing I thought,a lot better than what I had witnessed in a Blue shirt during my life,maybe with the exception of Rosler/Quinn and Walsh,but Anelka and Fowler were and in Anelka's case still,different class,and they were playing for my club..Manchester City.

But as with being a Blue the good times dont stay around for too long,because we always manage to cock things up in some shape or form,but we were used to that.

This is what leads me onto the current set up we have going on at our club,people call it a project,others say we are spoiling it(with all the money),but being City we will make it very difficult to make it right thats for sure,it could take years,more managers,I just dont know what the future holds,but this is a simple request for ALL posters/Blues all over the world,stay together,stay calm and it will all come right one day.

I am so pissed off with everyone at each others throats at times on here,Hughes IN,Hughes OUT situation,SWP crap/not crap blah blah blah...

Now dont get me wrong lads and lasses football is ALL about opinion and debate as this forum proves,but we are ALL BLUES at the end of the day,whether you go to games or not,once your a City fan you will ALWAYS be a City fan.

The good times will roll once we get things settled,the PHOENIX is rising slowly but surely.

KEEP THE FAITH.......C.T.I.D
post of the season

Thanks Gaudino motors...your cheque is in the post !!!

Its not meant to be a post of the season though(if you are being serious that is ! ) just needed to get it off my chest that was all,but its nice to see most replies have the same feeling as me !! Bubbling with excitement,worried about the unknown,but all FAITHFUL none the less..

It may seem looking at this thread that in one or two years theres gonna be season tickets up for grabs.....

meeesh said:
Right here goes,needing to get things off my chest,so your having it !!!

As the header says I am 38 years old (1971 born) and been a Blue almost since I knew what football was about,and have loved every minute of it.

I will defend Manchester City in every given quarter,not always with violence,or chat,but with a love that nothing will ever come near...ever.

Being the age that I am,I have a very broad outlook on things related to City,mostly good I may add,because being a supporter for 30 odd years I am used to whatever the club can throw at me.

What upsets me is when Rags/other fools say to me City have never won anything,and this is where I beg to differ.
We won the league under KK a few years ago,and as I say to these muppets you can only win the league you are competing in,we were in that league,and we pissed it...end of..trophy won.

I was there when Luton sent us down,was there when we drew 2-2 with Liverpool to send us down,proper BAD days believe me,but have also shared many GREAT days as well as winning the league,Wembley 99, and winning promotion at Blackburn probably being the highlights.

In my mid to late twenties I pretty much travelled a lot of places to see City,grim places like Chesterfield/Wycombe/York but would never lose faith or hope that one day,just one day we would be kings of the world.

I thought we were on the road to that during the KK era to be fair,as a trip to Lokeren made me feel fucking brilliant,about being a Blue,especially meeting loads in Belgium who am pretty sure shared the same belief.

I would never have dreamed later that/next season that Anelka and Fowler would be leading our front line,amazing I thought,a lot better than what I had witnessed in a Blue shirt during my life,maybe with the exception of Rosler/Quinn and Walsh,but Anelka and Fowler were and in Anelka's case still,different class,and they were playing for my club..Manchester City.

But as with being a Blue the good times dont stay around for too long,because we always manage to cock things up in some shape or form,but we were used to that.

This is what leads me onto the current set up we have going on at our club,people call it a project,others say we are spoiling it(with all the money),but being City we will make it very difficult to make it right thats for sure,it could take years,more managers,I just dont know what the future holds,but this is a simple request for ALL posters/Blues all over the world,stay together,stay calm and it will all come right one day.

I am so pissed off with everyone at each others throats at times on here,Hughes IN,Hughes OUT situation,SWP crap/not crap blah blah blah...

Now dont get me wrong lads and lasses football is ALL about opinion and debate as this forum proves,but we are ALL BLUES at the end of the day,whether you go to games or not,once your a City fan you will ALWAYS be a City fan.

The good times will roll once we get things settled,the PHOENIX is rising slowly but surely.

KEEP THE FAITH.......C.T.I.D

40 year old signing in and agrreing with everything you have said.Good post

43 myself and very much agree with the original poster.

I did think that this year would be up and down, with next season being the one where we really make our mark (no pun intended).

After the shite excuses for City teams that have been mine (and yours) "privilege" to watch in the not so distant past, the current squad is thankfully worlds apart.

Sure we will get where we all want to be in the not too distant future.

I'm 23 and I've never seen a extended period of stability at City, ever! It's always been either relegation, promotion, financial uncertainty or managers coming and going! The conclusion to the first season I started following City proper, 95-96 should've demonstrated how things would be!

Just scrolling through some old posts of mine,and came across this one,which I think is very apt,for the time of year we are coming to !

This was done in Nov 2009,and since then well as they say.....the rest is history,an FA Cup in the bag,3rd place in the Prem,and European football both seasons since.

We have a long way to go fellow Blues,that I am aware of,but the time is almost here for us to start the dominance of the English game,which could eventually lead on to Europe,and the world....just as I sensed it would 2 years 4 months ago !

Thankfully the majority replied as positive as I was thinking,and am sure that your views will be even more justified now as they were back then.

A lot who replied are still active on here I see,but two years older now....so BOB is now 17 !! and De Niro is 57 (sorry Bill) !!

The Phoenix has risen a little since the original post,and continues to do so today

UP THE BLUES !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.