A bit OTT from MET ( warning sensitive for animal lovers)

Even if protocol has been covered, which remains to be seen, it’s not a good look for the police.

You’d like to assume that ramming an animal is a last resort in preserving human life, which this doesn’t appear to be.
Apparently they did it a few years ago in a similar incident in Berkshire or somewhere. They killed the cow that time, though.

Apparently they did it a few years ago in a similar incident in Berkshire or somewhere. They killed the cow that time, though.
A cow’s momentum is huge and they can be dangerous when they are spooked.

We know a dairy farmer. wWhen we stayed with them, we saw them bring the cows in for milking. It’s quite the sight seeing 60 cows running past you at speed.

This cow looks young. I’m surprised they didn’t try a tranquilliser dart, though we don’t have all the details.

If the 999 calls were from hysterical people, that could have changed how they approached it too. No doubt it’ll all come out in the wash.

A cow’s momentum is huge and they can be dangerous when they are spooked.

We know a dairy farmer. wWhen we stayed with them, we saw them bring the cows in for milking. It’s quite the sight seeing 60 cows running past you at speed.

This cow looks young. I’m surprised they didn’t try a tranquilliser dart, though we don’t have all the details.

If the 999 calls were from hysterical people, that could have changed how they approached it too. No doubt it’ll all come out in the wash.
Yeah, the initial reaction is of shock, but if it had run into some kid there would have been far greater outage for doing nowt to stop it. Do the police carry tranquillizer darts? I can't see it. Maybe they could have called the local cowboy to lasso it.

Yeah, the initial reaction is of shock, but if it had run into some kid there would have been far greater outage for doing nowt to stop it. Do the police carry tranquillizer darts? I can't see it. Maybe they could have called the local cowboy to lasso it.
They must have a protocol for escaped animals though, which probably includes numbers for emergency vets, who have them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.