A City Sale As A Kid That Broke Your Heart

Agree with Mad Eyed Screamer
Scored in the 1-0 win against QPR, magnificent overhead kick, my first game in '74 I think
Also went with my mate John to look at the graffiti on the wall of the Kippax
"Rod is God" it said

The first one that broke my heart was as a kid when we flogged Gary Owen to the Baggies followed by Peter Barnes and from then on it became an endless list!

Howard Kendals sale of Andy Hinchcliffe to Everton and then followed him there a few weeks later.

Then there is Paul Stewart and later Nial Quinn and Gary Flitcroft.<br /><br />-- Tue May 22, 2012 6:08 pm --<br /><br />Oh I forgot the way little Bally flogged Tony Coton and bought us that bossed eyed German Eikie Immel who couldnt catch a cold or move off his line.

Quite a few, but the biggest one for me was Nicky Reid, so much so I decided to make a packed lunch (cheese and Branston pickle if you must know) and head down to Maine Road and carry out a one man(boy) protest.

Got in under the main stand (as you could back then on a mid-week day) sat in the directors box and who was running around the pitch training on his own ? Only Nicky Reid, as he drew near I was about to give him a loud shout of support, when I heard " oi you little twat", next thing a load of groundstaff appeared and chased me off and out of the ground, but not before I rubbed a few of my crusts into Peter Swales's seat ;-), I hope he stunk of cheese and Branston for ages.

Franny Lee was let go and to Derby one of our big rivals at the time.

Never understood that one except it was probably a new manager clearing out. Ron Saunders I think?

swp to chelsea. our squad had absolutely no quality in it and he was out only shining light. gutted.

we needed the cash though.

Swp to Chelsea broke my heart. One random one, I was gutted when Javier Garrido went to Lazio. I have no reason for that one, still confuses me now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.