A club crest we can all agree on..

hupwzm.jpg

I found this ages ago on some random website and I think it's a excellent design. Dont know about the '1880' though, better sticking with 1894.

skyblue78 said:
hupwzm.jpg

I found this ages ago on some random website and I think it's a excellent design. Dont know about the '1880' though, better sticking with 1894.
Make the 3 canal stripes slanted, blood the rose a tad n' replace 80 to '94' then have yaself an afternoon pint ;)

The Pink Panther said:
leithblue said:
skyblue78 said:
103x1lj.jpg

2013 badge updated

Always this, would look ace on the side of the plane too.

There should be a showsec steward with one hand on the pigeon's back and one on it's neck

...it just needs the latin for "ruining football since...." on a scroll at the bottom....

though I have to say I just love the OP offer!

danburge82 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
newbits.jpg

The current badge was brought in, so they said, to herald a new era for the club, one to replace the Swales Era, in which the original crest is often associated.

We all feel the club is entering another new era and the above badge would easily get my vote if by some miracle the club did decide on a new crest to promote their "brand" whilst keeping together the heritage of both old era's combined in a fresh and smart looking club crest.

It combines the old and the current, while looking progressive. I'm actually now genuinely hoping someone at the club sees this design, thinks along the same lines and puts it to the fans whether or not they'd be happy with a crest change and this design was one of the options.

NB: InGavious, by any chance could you do a quick mockup of what this crest would look like in place of the current one on this seasons home shirt?
I agree. InGavious, you should email City with a little message along the lines of what Mëtal Bikër has said here. I'm really impressed with this. It has the best elements of our old and new, and is modern looking.

Well, I did this because someone's asked me to design a logo for their supporters club, but cos of the copyright/trademarks of the current city crest(s), i wasnt sure how it affects supporter clubs, what they can use if anything, and still have that link/identity with the football club.

so i have contacted City asking if there's something already in place regarding something that can be used for supporters clubs and sent them this, to illustrate what i'm thinking of:

clubsr.jpg

so you have the clubs crest, then something modified by the club to be used for official supporter clubs that they endorse, keeping a link of identity at the same time giving them a sense of indviduality ..... thats what i asked anyways.

inGavious said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
NB: InGavious, by any chance could you do a quick mockup of what this crest would look like in place of the current one on this seasons home shirt?

kitd.jpg

now that is sexy.

tbh though i'd be happy with the old one, the eagle or that one as i like them all.

inGavious said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

kitd.jpg

You see.... you see.... that's a beautiful kit! Cheers for that mate!
I'd even buy the dreaded blue shorts if they looked like that.

On a serious note i'd think about maybe presenting this design to City. Not sure if you'd want any royalties for it's usage, but i'd love to see it as our club crest.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 pm --<br /><br />
inGavious said:
danburge82 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
newbits.jpg

The current badge was brought in, so they said, to herald a new era for the club, one to replace the Swales Era, in which the original crest is often associated.

We all feel the club is entering another new era and the above badge would easily get my vote if by some miracle the club did decide on a new crest to promote their "brand" whilst keeping together the heritage of both old era's combined in a fresh and smart looking club crest.

It combines the old and the current, while looking progressive. I'm actually now genuinely hoping someone at the club sees this design, thinks along the same lines and puts it to the fans whether or not they'd be happy with a crest change and this design was one of the options.

I agree. InGavious, you should email City with a little message along the lines of what Mëtal Bikër has said here. I'm really impressed with this. It has the best elements of our old and new, and is modern looking.

Well, I did this because someone's asked me to design a logo for their supporters club, but cos of the copyright/trademarks of the current city crest(s), i wasnt sure how it affects supporter clubs, what they can use if anything, and still have that link/identity with the football club.

so i have contacted City asking if there's something already in place regarding something that can be used for supporters clubs and sent them this, to illustrate what i'm thinking of:

clubsr.jpg

so you have the clubs crest, then something modified by the club to be used for official supporter clubs that they endorse, keeping a link of identity at the same time giving them a sense of indviduality ..... thats what i asked anyways.
Those are superb and a genuinely good idea. Each crest design maintains similarities with the main club badge and each can be interpreted to mean Manchester City with each one still being an individual brand logo.

Please, oh please, oh please City at least have a look! I've hated the eagle crest ever since we got it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.