A club crest we can all agree on..

kun said:
Why don't we still put on 1 star? we have won 1 european trophy
Normally stars refer to the number of European Cup/Champions League competition wins or the number of League Titles won, each star representing a certain achievement total like 1 star = 10 titles.

Which is fine, the club can use stars on crests to acknowledge achievements....just don't make the stars a part of the bloody badge design!

inGavious said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
NB: InGavious, by any chance could you do a quick mockup of what this crest would look like in place of the current one on this seasons home shirt?

kitd.jpg

Now that is a brilliant crest and looks good on the shirt as well.............<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 am --<br /><br />
inGavious said:
danburge82 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
newbits.jpg

The current badge was brought in, so they said, to herald a new era for the club, one to replace the Swales Era, in which the original crest is often associated.

We all feel the club is entering another new era and the above badge would easily get my vote if by some miracle the club did decide on a new crest to promote their "brand" whilst keeping together the heritage of both old era's combined in a fresh and smart looking club crest.

It combines the old and the current, while looking progressive. I'm actually now genuinely hoping someone at the club sees this design, thinks along the same lines and puts it to the fans whether or not they'd be happy with a crest change and this design was one of the options.

NB: InGavious, by any chance could you do a quick mockup of what this crest would look like in place of the current one on this seasons home shirt?
I agree. InGavious, you should email City with a little message along the lines of what Mëtal Bikër has said here. I'm really impressed with this. It has the best elements of our old and new, and is modern looking.

Well, I did this because someone's asked me to design a logo for their supporters club, but cos of the copyright/trademarks of the current city crest(s), i wasnt sure how it affects supporter clubs, what they can use if anything, and still have that link/identity with the football club.

so i have contacted City asking if there's something already in place regarding something that can be used for supporters clubs and sent them this, to illustrate what i'm thinking of:

clubsr.jpg

so you have the clubs crest, then something modified by the club to be used for official supporter clubs that they endorse, keeping a link of identity at the same time giving them a sense of indviduality ..... thats what i asked anyways.

Just like to say again that these crests that you've created are just brilliant and would look superb on the shirts..............

Mëtal Bikër said:
Please, oh please, oh please City at least have a look! I've hated the eagle crest ever since we got it!

Start up a facebook page, get the population of China to like it, then City might then have a think about it ;)

-- Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 pm --

just dont tell this bloke if they do get rid of the griffin (not that he has the griffin done on his arm, but an eagle) :( :

ooerr.jpg

oo-err.

Maintainin said:
skyblue78 said:
hupwzm.jpg

I found this ages ago on some random website and I think it's a excellent design. Dont know about the '1880' though, better sticking with 1894.
Make the 3 canal stripes slanted, blood the rose a tad n' replace 80 to '94' then have yaself an afternoon pint ;)
Here you go
AkbrR1ECIAAj1wT.jpg:large

I have a load of stickers of this one on ebay. Manchester City Banana sticker.

I prefer the circular badge to the modern one too. Not that i think the new one is cack, mind.

On the early 70s badge , is there any reason why the stripes were yellow and pink? And was there a particaular reason why they swapped them for the Lancashire rose later on in the sevs?

kun said:
Maintainin said:
skyblue78 said:
hupwzm.jpg

I found this ages ago on some random website and I think it's a excellent design. Dont know about the '1880' though, better sticking with 1894.
Make the 3 canal stripes slanted, blood the rose a tad n' replace 80 to '94' then have yaself an afternoon pint ;)
Here you go
AkbrR1ECIAAj1wT.jpg:large

Love It!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.