A club crest we can all agree on..

inGavious said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
NB: InGavious, by any chance could you do a quick mockup of what this crest would look like in place of the current one on this seasons home shirt?

kitd.jpg

reminds me too much of wigan.

I like the old badge for retro clothing nothing more, and there's nothing wrong with the badge we have.

Simple. I don't know why it keeps getting dredged up.

Well said! As a younger fan (in my 20s) i can safely say that my personal opinion and that of many of the city fans my age is that the newer badge is pretty awesome

The older one is very outdated, many fans think so and so did the club.......but as has already been said, everyone will have their own favourites

In_Good_Kompany said:
The older one is very outdated, many fans think so and so did the club

As I recall the ONLY reason that we changed the club crest/badge when Franny took over and Swales left was because the bloke/company that designed the round badge had held onto the merchendising rights for the design and as a result a huge percentage of the profits from EVERY item of City merchendise that was sold with that design on it went to the designers and NOT to City, therefore in an attempt to create extra revenue a new design was formulated ..... this fact has since been re-written with the "we were entering a new era" - propoganda. Therefore ANY "new" club crest/badge which incorporates this old design is worthless. Sorry to be a killjoy to all your fun and that, but hey-ho .... Photoshop's great innit.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
In_Good_Kompany said:

As I recall the ONLY reason that we changed the club crest/badge when Franny took over and Swales left was because the bloke/company that designed the round badge had held onto the merchendising rights for the design and as a result a huge percentage of the profits from EVERY item of City merchendise that was sold with that design on it went to the designers and NOT to City, therefore in an attempt to create extra revenue a new design was formulated ..... this fact has since been re-written with the "we were entering a new era" - propoganda. Therefore ANY "new" club crest/badge which incorporates this new design is worthless. Sorry to be a killjoy to all your fun and that, but hey-ho .... Photoshop's great innit.

Well they couldn't exactly come out and say hey we are changing the badge because some wanker is holding us to ransom

By the time the redevelopment of the ground and campus is complete i expect us to rebrand the emblem to something much more contemporary and timeless as the current one is already feels outdated.

...as much i love the old one too, its prehistoric in terms of design.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
In_Good_Kompany said:

As I recall the ONLY reason that we changed the club crest/badge when Franny took over and Swales left was because the bloke/company that designed the round badge had held onto the merchendising rights for the design and as a result a huge percentage of the profits from EVERY item of City merchendise that was sold with that design on it went to the designers and NOT to City, therefore in an attempt to create extra revenue a new design was formulated ..... this fact has since been re-written with the "we were entering a new era" - propoganda. Therefore ANY "new" club crest/badge which incorporates this new design is worthless. Sorry to be a killjoy to all your fun and that, but hey-ho .... Photoshop's great innit.
Worthless? I don't agree with your reasoning at all.

Just because the new design was brought in to stop the round badge designer from getting a cut of everything, that doesn't mean that the new design isn't now part of our heritage and traditions and there is no reason why elements of it can't be incorporated into a new design.

Add to that the fact that the new design has distinct similarities to the Emblem of the UAE, where of course our owner resides.

Here is the new coat of arms in use since 2008:
220px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png

What's even more interesting is that the old emblem used up to 2008 is even more similar to our badge:

Coat_of_arms_of_United_Arab_Emirates_%281973-2008%29.png

I wouldn't think that our owner would ditch ALL the elements of our badge that resemble those of his homeland because of he's a purist about our original badge when the new one would strike a chord with him.

Ingavious' design with the round bit in front of the eagle is even closer to the UAE's, so I think he's on the right path.
eras2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.