A club crest we can all agree on..

ManCityX said:
Shaelumstash said:
SebastianBlue said:
If I had the time I'd jump in to the design mix, I would, as GeekGav has done a great job and really inspired everyone to contribute.

I wonder, though, if it would look better without the shield framing inside the ring. I know it harkens back to one of the traditional badges but to me it always looked a bit awkward. It could be interesting to just have a simple half and half, ship above, rivers below. Very simple and distinctive.

I do think the dark blue ring with white text and sky blue top half, maroon bottom half is the best colour scheme, but for fidelity, and for the way in which it could integrated with all kit and apparel. The good is nice but looks a bit out of place.

Probably alone there, though.

Someone has done the half and half without the shield earlier on in the thread, think it was Zabbasstuntdouble? He's a great designer, but personally I prefer the shield included in GeekGavs design. The only problem is it is similar to FCUM's badge.

I think with NYCFC's and Melbourne's badges being so similar with the round shape, if we were ever going to go back to having a roundel which the majority of people seem to be in favour of, now is the time to do it.

Sorry mate but City had that badge 30+ years before FCUM did.

image.jpg

Also completely disagree with sebastianblue and his comment about losing the inner shield. The boat and 3 rivers look like they've been squished into a circle shape without it and it reminds me of watching an old 4:3 TV show stretched out on a 16:9 widescreen display.

That's a fair perspective. But to me it looks much less contrived and awkward than the shield superimposed within the ring. I was never a fan of that, as much as I still like that badge better than the current one.

To each their own, as always.

ManCityX said:
Shaelumstash said:
SebastianBlue said:
If I had the time I'd jump in to the design mix, I would, as GeekGav has done a great job and really inspired everyone to contribute.

I wonder, though, if it would look better without the shield framing inside the ring. I know it harkens back to one of the traditional badges but to me it always looked a bit awkward. It could be interesting to just have a simple half and half, ship above, rivers below. Very simple and distinctive.

I do think the dark blue ring with white text and sky blue top half, maroon bottom half is the best colour scheme, but for fidelity, and for the way in which it could integrated with all kit and apparel. The good is nice but looks a bit out of place.

Probably alone there, though.

Someone has done the half and half without the shield earlier on in the thread, think it was Zabbasstuntdouble? He's a great designer, but personally I prefer the shield included in GeekGavs design. The only problem is it is similar to FCUM's badge.

I think with NYCFC's and Melbourne's badges being so similar with the round shape, if we were ever going to go back to having a roundel which the majority of people seem to be in favour of, now is the time to do it.

Sorry mate but City had that badge 30+ years before FCUM did.

image.jpg

Also completely disagree with sebastianblue and his comment about losing the inner shield. The boat and 3 rivers look like they've been squished into a circle shape without it and it reminds me of watching an old 4:3 TV show stretched out on a 16:9 widescreen display.

Of course I know we used to have that badge mate, that's the real City badge to me. I was just pointing out that FCUM have got one very similar now, possibly trademarked whereas as wasn't so it might cause us problems.

SebastianBlue said:
GeekinGav said:
yeah I'm ZabbaStuntDouble ... had a username change stop having different username's everywhere.

Do you still have the half/half effort saved? Or point me to the thread/page where it resides?

Thanks mate!

MCFCITY_zpsf624aa1a.jpg
heritage2-small2_zpsad40b5c3.jpg

easiest ones to link to, will do 2 of the same look/colours tomorrow

GeekinGav said:
SebastianBlue said:
GeekinGav said:
yeah I'm ZabbaStuntDouble ... had a username change stop having different username's everywhere.

Do you still have the half/half effort saved? Or point me to the thread/page where it resides?

Thanks mate!

MCFCITY_zpsf624aa1a.jpg

Cheers, can we lose the MCFC band across the centre and use the new badge colours?

The one with the shield has so much more personality. It's just more Manchester and more Manchester City. I think it's because the shield links more to the Manchester Coat of Arms and the City badges of old. Without the shield it just isn't 'Manchester City'.

gouldybob said:
GeekinGav said:
SebastianBlue said:

Thanks mate!

MCFCITY_zpsf624aa1a.jpg

Cheers, can we lose the MCFC band across the centre and use the new badge colours?

new badge colours .... which new badge are we talking? lol

yep, i'll do 3 those 2 and 1 without the MCFC band, all in the same colours ,so you can decide on layout, not get lost in colours.

ManCityX said:
The one with the shield has so much more personality. It's just more Manchester and more Manchester City. I think it's because the shield links more to the Manchester Coat of Arms and the City badges of old. Without the shield it just isn't 'Manchester City'.

I agree with this even the present badge is a form of the CoA shield it just looks right

23wmfdw.jpg

GeekinGav said:
ManCityX said:
Here's what a round badge looks like on the Chelsea shirt. Does it stand out? Why?

image.jpg

the white sets it off .... and the additional white on the kit helps to white on the crest to be more associated.

done a comparison with a few versions on the same shirt ... see what you think works and what doesn't.

crestcomparison_zpsec545666.png

*sorry for the height, Mods, its was the minimum i could get to show each crest clearly, hope its ok? (big hugs and kisses)

Great stuff again Gav.

I like the 4th one of those on a shirt (3rd circle) but for me there's too much maroon and not enough sky blue...

I'd prefer the colours on the shield to be like the current badge, with white (or gold) stripes and maybe make the background, behind the shield, white too...?

urban genie said:
ManCityX said:

I agree with this even the present badge is a form of the CoA shield it just looks right

23wmfdw.jpg
:)

I'd take any of those roundels over our current badge. They look fantastic and very professional. I might even buy a shirt with one on as I have never bought anything with this badge on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.