A club crest we can all agree on..

1.618034 said:
GeekinGav said:
ManCityX said:
Here's what a round badge looks like on the Chelsea shirt. Does it stand out? Why?

image.jpg

the white sets it off .... and the additional white on the kit helps to white on the crest to be more associated.

done a comparison with a few versions on the same shirt ... see what you think works and what doesn't.

crestcomparison_zpsec545666.png

*sorry for the height, Mods, its was the minimum i could get to show each crest clearly, hope its ok? (big hugs and kisses)

Great stuff again Gav.

I like the 4th one of those on a shirt (3rd circle) but for me there's too much maroon and not enough sky blue...

I'd prefer the colours on the shield to be like the current badge, with white (or gold) stripes and maybe make the background, behind the shield, white too...?

5th one down - or oddly, the first one - the one we have, the Manc Eagle, rivers, latin phrase I actually like. Drop the three stars.

longshield_zps5872409d.jpg

*colours may vary

3rd Alternative Design

Both have the new CFG Band with the St.Mark's Cross to remember where we started. Added a taller shield from the Manchester Coat of Arms crest and added more detail waves for the ship to sail on. Tried to added elements from all our crests.

The second has the tall shield set upon a blue disc, to symbolise the Bluemoon of Manchester City.

Still cant decide on the best colour arrangement, added Maroon instead of red on the shield, but i think that's a personal choice thing.

Top stuff GeekinGav.

The designs you've posted on the last few pages are better than
what we've had since we got that shit eagle badge.

I would sat on that latest one the shield inside needs to be wider &
fill the middle of the circle more.

Ban-jani said:

yeah that was my worry ... space needs filling doesnt it?

GeekinGav said:
Ban-jani said:

yeah that was my worry ... space needs filling doesnt it?

Perhaps completely. ;-)

Nah not completely. It doesn't look like a Manchester City badge without the coat of arms centre shield. The shield is the heart of the badge and without it loses part of its Manchester identity. Even the current badge with its stars, Latin and eagle managed to retain the heart. It was that heart that stopped it looking like another clubs badge altogether.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Gav have you tried incorporating the current badge sans stars into one of those round badges?

current-stmarks_zps05666f86.jpg

with the current crest, reminds me of the POTUS crest lol

like the 5th one down on the shirts above but also like the current crest in the round badge without the stars

its a good sign that folks are accepting the outer band ..... seems its just what is best to fill the inner part thats going to be difficult ... hence why i'm doing different variations to illustrate. (dont want us ending up with a crap one like the Melbourne City one lol)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.