A club crest we can all agree on..

Tell The King said:
Too many separate elements in our current badge I feel. Eagle, shield, stars and latin motto that comes from nowhere if i'm right? Had no bearing on our club pre-1997? I'd be happier with a circle badge, Chelsea's crest is top class in my opinion, and Liverpool reverting to simple Liver Bird points to a trend of one discernible symbol or identity for clubs now.

Liverpool is a strange one ... they seem to have 2 official crests now. on their site, its the one that've had for the last 20 years or so, whilst only on the shirts its the simplified liver bird crest.

whether its a way of phasing a badge crest change eventually i don't know.

Falastur said:
Kladze said:
Genuine question. Why is there a thread about a new badge? Is this actually a possibility or just dreaming?

City themselves have invited this thread on by mentioning both in the initial public opinion surveys and in the subsequent promotional material for the new Cityzens scheme that membership could let you vote on things such as kit designs, etc etc and a possible change to the club badge.
Interesting. Thanks.

GeekinGav said:
Tell The King said:
Too many separate elements in our current badge I feel. Eagle, shield, stars and latin motto that comes from nowhere if i'm right? Had no bearing on our club pre-1997? I'd be happier with a circle badge, Chelsea's crest is top class in my opinion, and Liverpool reverting to simple Liver Bird points to a trend of one discernible symbol or identity for clubs now.

Liverpool is a strange one ... they seem to have 2 official crests now. on their site, its the one that've had for the last 20 years or so, whilst only on the shirts its the simplified liver bird crest.

A little like Rangers having a shirt crest and a different club badge for other merchandise and official use I guess?
Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal all other instances of streamlining and simplifying crest components I can think of in recent years. Both modernises and implements elements of a clubs history if done well, something I think City could really do.

Tell The King said:
GeekinGav said:
Tell The King said:

A little like Rangers having a shirt crest and a different club badge for other merchandise and official use I guess?
Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal all other instances of streamlining and simplifying crest components I can think of in recent years. Both modernises and implements elements of a clubs history if done well, something I think City could really do.

ok ... following that line .... how about the current crest as the official club badge and crest and have something 'old school, yet modern' just on the shirts?

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv2SYQPIIAEAa2B.jpg[/bigimg]
(one example, colours subject to differing tastes of course)

Tell The King said:
GeekinGav said:
Tell The King said:

Chelsea and Liverpool have changed their badges too.

GeekinGav said:
Tell The King said:
GeekinGav said:

ok ... following that line .... how about the current crest as the official club badge and crest and have something 'old school, yet modern' just on the shirts?

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv2SYQPIIAEAa2B.jpg[/bigimg]
(one example, colours subject to differing tastes of course)

that's nice, but any form of the shield has to be red and gold they are city and county official colours as the flag below shows and need to be used , that's my problem with the current crest, that and the pointless stars

gb_greater_manchester_count.jpg

urban genie said:
that's nice, but any form of the shield has to be red and gold they are city and county official colours as the flag below shows and need to be used , that's my problem with the current crest, that and the pointless stars

seriously? red and gold?? never doing a City crest with red and gold mate. Maroon and Gold i can just about appease myself with, but never red and gold. sorry.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv41jCfIAAABILy.jpg[/bigimg]

GeekinGav said:
urban genie said:

seriously? red and gold?? never doing a City crest with red and gold mate. Maroon and Gold i can just about appease myself with, but never red and gold. sorry.

We've gone backwards here they look blue Peter badges

invisableman said:
GeekinGav said:
urban genie said:

We've gone backwards here they look blue Peter badges

... now that's a thought ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.