A club crest we can all agree on..

dario2739 said:
Personally think there are some fantastic designs on here but will changing back to a circle not then blur into the New York and Melbourne ones? As the flagship City team I think we should be different.

do agree with this .... worried that though with have links with the clubs, we need to be sure that we dont lose our identity. Changing to a CFG crest will start us down a route that we are all clones of the same club, where City has existed over a 100 years, a rich and varied history which NYCFC and MelCFC shouldn't jumping on as theirs.

Happy for the circle badges more as a fan crest. Happy to keep the current crest if it keeps the identity of MCFC as we always have been, not this new team and have existed pre-CFG, ADUG and Sheik Mansoor.

GeekinGav said:
dario2739 said:
Personally think there are some fantastic designs on here but will changing back to a circle not then blur into the New York and Melbourne ones? As the flagship City team I think we should be different.

do agree with this .... worried that though with have links with the clubs, we need to be sure that we dont lose our identity. Changing to a CFG crest will start us down a route that we are all clones of the same club, where City has existed over a 100 years, a rich and varied history which NYCFC and MelCFC shouldn't jumping on as theirs.

Happy for the circle badges more as a fan crest. Happy to keep the current crest if it keeps the identity of MCFC as we always have been, not this new team and have existed pre-CFG, ADUG and Sheik Mansoor.

I think that's the beauty of Gav's designs though. They represent 3 things:

1.Our history
2.Elements of our current badge
3.Elements of the other teams in CFG.

I completely agree that points 1 & 2 are the most important, but if by default we tick box 3, is that such a bad thing?

urban genie said:
Rammyblues said:
That is the dogs fucking bollocks, and gets my vote, 10/10 for effort appreciate what you have done.

gotta agree the roses look smart, though I still think the shield needs to red with gold lines the official colours of the city

I'd agree with this, too much blue would get lost on the shirt. The badge
needs to stand out.

Rammyblues wrote:
Have we got a new crest

See jrbs pickies on the campus thread, or has it always been there and I just didn't realise. Facings on the stadium.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299783&start=2280

Are you referring to the Cityzens logo?

Nope on the facia of the main stadium, next to the black and white photo of St Marks above B2 is what I believe the Manchester crest with MCFC above it. Is that what we had in 1981 at the cup final or is a a new design. Just wondering. :-)

While I agree with a lot of the posts on this thread I have to ask....

I there any point to all this? Are the club considering a new badge? Is it even up for discussion?

Sorry to piss on your chips boys but to me, however nice all the new designs are, I think it's (hopefully not) pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.