A constant queue of cars at MacDonalds - Am I missing out on something?

I used to be addicted to large banana milkshakes when I drove the twilight shift and couldn't drive past a Maccy without going in. Thankfully I'm no longer addicted but still like em an awful lot. I would feel safer buying one tonight at a drive through than having a mucky game of rugger in a Landen park. Interpretation being the watch word .. mais oui.

Pretty sure something changed with the shake recipes and they're now vile. Had one last year and can still taste it. And the soggy straw. Killed my liking for them immediately.

When St Marcus saw the food parcels he was shocked to see there was no McDonald's in it. He asked what the brown roundish object was and refused to believe that's where 'fries' come fro

Used to eat McDonald's when the kids were kids but wouldn't dream of eating that shit now.
It's not even cheap anymore.

I remember this happening here and in New Zealand last year after the lockdown.
McDonald's missed a trick, they could easily have doubled or even trebled the prices for a day and people would still have bought the Mcshite.

Can anyone tell me what it is that makes folk spend so much time in them queues?

It really is mind boggling how long people are prepared to sit in their cars so they can get their hands on a burger.

Is there something addictive in them?
Near to me there is a Starbucks and during the lockdown (which in Florida only lasted about a week) the queue was f u cking huge and I'm thinking you lazy twats. Make the coffee at home

Sausage and egg mcmuffin and a latte. Lovely stuff
I go in McBumholes as rarely as I can but I freely admit that If I do eat there it's usually in a morning for a double sausage and egg McMuffin with hash brown and cup of tea.

I get a stack of napkins and place one on the tray. I then take a pork burger out of the bun and lay it on the napkin. Then I place another on top so both sides are covered. I then press the palm of my hand down onto the burger and the napkins soon become saturated with greasy fat! I repeat with the other burger and then the hash brown. By the time I have finished there are 5-6 fat stained napkins plus my hand needs a wipe with a clean napkin so that's at least 6 in total!

I've had people ask why do I do it. I think the answer is pretty obvious without explanation but I get a few "it's a part of the flavour" remarks. Really? : / Well I get by fine without that extra fat flavour, thanks ...I usually ask them no cheese slice on ordering as I think my fishing waders melted and dyed yellow and salted would probably be as convincing a slice of cheese as that vile sticky fake cheese stuff.

Fast food joints, particularly McGreasehole strategically place their outlets carefully in places like motorway service stations or an A road in the middle of nowhere. Food malls and on high sreets. Clever marketing/advertising and cheap gimmicky toys for the youngsters with the crappy meal and a 'healthy' bag of carrot sticks and sliced apple to appease their parents. Lol. The fuckin' carrot sticks and sliced apple are coated with MSG preservatives salt and sugar and citric acid to stop apples turning brown!

I try and go as seldom as possible an I probably go half a dozen times a year and 3-4 of those times is for hunger and convenience of location when there's fuck all else options available. The other two because I fancy going, usually in a morning to soak up a bit of ale, and if I'm hungry I'll have a porridge pot as well.

Try squeezing the fatty shit out of the burgers and you'll be amazed how much oozes out. It's fast, ahem, FAT FOOD for a reason!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.