A constant queue of cars at MacDonalds - Am I missing out on something?

I used to work there when I was a student. Great laugh. Terrible/brilliant job. It has its place and provides fairly cheap food for people. Ironically, I could till in a massive order in a second but it takes me 5mins now using the self serve thing.

Went out for a bicycle ride earlier today through a small town in rural Gloucestershire, the town centre was empty with most shops closed. Still open was Greggs, with at least 7 or 8 people queueing outside.

During the first lockdown , when the McDs were just starting to reopen , the lad I work with said his girlfriend googled the post code of the nearest one that was open . The two of them, along with three very young kids jumped in the car and drove to Leicestershire .
He said the journey there and the journey back were each quicker than the queue when they got there.

I used to sell Costa, when it was owned by the Costa brothers and it’s very good coffee blend of 7 beans 1 part robusta 6 arabica if made well.Trouble is first Whitbread then Coke took it over and expanded it into a big brand.and quality control was lost,I can go into a Costa and get a terriblle coffee, but I know it’s going to be terrible when I see it poured. It isn’t the cofffee, I could fix their coffee in 5 minutes by sorting out their grinder.
The checklists they have for QC are actually huge, but I've seen plenty of managers just make it up as they go along. Making lattes by brewing the espresso straight into the cup - absolute nonsense, and I've seen them do it both ways, before AND after the milk. Get a good branch tho, and you're laughing.

Stop moaning about maccies - I've got a poxie drive through Starbucks across from me and their raking in a fortune because the pretentious twats can't survive without their caffeine fix!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.