A decline in the quality of fresh produce. Discuss

So M&S have two varieties of chicken, Hubbard and standard!
It would make sense for a company such as M&S to market a quality range and an "everyday"
They use the Hubbard for the Gold range but they also sell organic and free range etc etc.

“M&S was already leading the way with its Oakham production system,” says Christine Jackson from 2 Sisters Food Group. “But Oakham Gold builds on this and takes it even further. By being the first major retailer to sign up to the Better Chicken Commitment, M&S made the decision to move its whole fresh offering over to a Hubbard slower growing breed and create a production system which centers on animal welfare. Using this slower growing breed, which is fed a multi-grain diet designed to support natural growth and muscle development, has resulted in further improved health and welfare measures"

As a matter of interest 2 sisters food group is the one that supplies almost all of the mainstream supermarkets out there. Two Sisters Food Group is a subsidiary of Boparan Holdings, a privately owned food manufacturing company with head offices in Birmingham that focuses on private label manufacturing for retailer and food service markets.

I am not entirely sure but am led to believe that Tesco now predominantly use Avari instead of the two sisters group.

I know one thing mate and that is we will not be eating that fibrous woody offering above, even if they did let us keep it refunding in full. Big well done BTW for that Aldi and fair to say that the daughters Akita and two Pugs salute your indefatigability! Not an ounce was wasted.

Last edited:
Cant honestly say I've seen a decline in quality........ price and size however, now we're talking.
Fresh veg is pretty abysmal wherever you buy it really and most of it is tasteless. When I was younger a savoy cabbage was the size of your head, so was a cauli. Now they’re the size of a swede. Also, it gets my goat that they cut the leaves off a cabbage before you buy it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.