A front 3 of Adebayor, Tevez and Balotelli at home?

brianstrousers said:
Marvin said:
Mancini has been criticised for conservative team selections against Spurs, Liverpool and Sunderland, but I think it's quite likely that we may play a more adventurous team against the "weaker" teams at home.

With the European fixtures, Cups and League, there's no way we can stick with the line-ups that have played so far. There will have to be changes.

I think Silva will gradually be introduced as well, and he'll probably play in behind Tevez
Why is there no way we can stick with the line ups that have played so far?

because they are too negatvie and will cost us games

going out to try and nicka game 1-0 can lead to results like sunderland

against the better teams i can sort of understand going with the line ups he has but against weaker oppostion (esp at home...but even away in some cases) he should be setting his team out to attack; make the oppostion worry about us rather than worrying about the oppostion

simon23 said:
brianstrousers said:
Why is there no way we can stick with the line ups that have played so far?

against the better teams i can sort of understand going with the line ups he has but against weaker oppostion (esp at home...but even away in some cases) he should be setting his team out to attack; make the oppostion worry about us rather than worrying about the oppostion
It worked a treat against Liverpool,everyone thought we were champions elect,yet we slip up in 1 game and we should change it?
What if we'd beat Sunderland?

brianstrousers said:
simon23 said:

It worked a treat against Liverpool,everyone thought we were champions elect,yet we slip up in 1 game and we should change it?

That is not the point, we have never been a threat going forward. We had one good move against liverpool but were largely toothless the rest of the time. 3-0 flattered us.

I always believed that home. We should go for the throat against these so called weaker sides. We should still play a front 2 home & away against the better sides. We won't win jackshit if we just try to get a draw or pinch a win.

I've no idea why you'd want to put one of your best players in Tevez out of position, in a position he's said in public he doesn't feel at home in?

It's just throwing attacking players in for the sake of it.

A forward trio of Ade, Super Mario with Tevez as a false '9' will bring out the best in Tevez.
Tevez as an out & out striker, as in our lineup at Sunderland, will be a waste. At times Tevez has a proclivity to drop deep to fetch his own ball as we have too many holding (not enough creative) midfielders and no threat upfront except our width. BTW who is AJ/Milner going to cross to?

Do I need to remind you of our first goal at Timisoara.
Tevez threaded a pass to Yaya to deflect wide to Ade to cross for Balotelli to tap in!

Bottom line is we need our strikers' pace & power in the opposition box with the likes of Ade & Balotelli surges. Likewise when Tevez dropped deep he can be productive by creating the opportunities for our strikers (reminiscent of Anelka/Drogba?).

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
I always believed that home. We should go for the throat against these so called weaker sides. We should still play a front 2 home & away against the better sides. We won't win jackshit if we just try to get a draw or pinch a win.

+1

why don't we play without Joe as we have so many holding midfield players one of them could just nip back in the nets if needs be

Sabster said:
brianstrousers said:

That is not the point, we have never been a threat going forward. We had one good move against liverpool but were largely toothless the rest of the time. 3-0 flattered us.

fully agree...

it was a fantastic result and we looked as solid as ive ever seen a city side but looking att he attacking performance it was very very average..

we have rarely looked a threat going forward since RM took over...again its about the balance of his team. I stil think he is over cautious. Teams like chelski and utd take charge of games and attack the opposition not just with a front 3 but from midfield. We are dominating possession in the middle of the park but are doing very little creatively with it.

when the likes of utd arsenal, chelski, and spur attack they often have 5 or 6 players in the attack....we rarely have more than 4.....sometimes we have 3

the likes of barry, and especially djong are rarely going to get goals.....barry has scored 2 goals (i think ) since he has come to city including the one he got against liverpool....he is limited in terms of attacking potential.
I dont think yaya (as good a player as he is) should be the creative force in our team....he should be in the starting 11 but his role should be different.

Im waiting to see what RM does when he has his fullbacks back...im hoping this is where we will get more attacking options from.....but for now he should be changing the way we are playing because without atacking fullbacks its very very limiting going forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.