A front 3 of Adebayor, Tevez and Balotelli at home?

It would be exciting to see, but I don't believe BM will start all 3 of them together in many games, if any. It'll be 2 out of those 3, if we're lucky!

Against really crap teams (ala Timo) he might set his subs up that way, but I don't think he has it in him to play those 3 from the start. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

gmtx said:
Why don't we play a good old fashioned 1-2-7 like we used to? Back in the day (the 1870s) it was all the rage. It could go something like this:

Hart
Kompany
Yaya
Milner
Johnson Jo Balotelli Adebayor Tevez RSC Silva

No one could criticise Mancini for being negative then!

Yeah, and those lazy bastards at the back can do a bit of running. What about a 'flying' goalie? D'ya think Joe Hart would be any good up for our corners? He's a big lad, wouldn't have to jump much, same as Ade does now.

Sabster said:
brianstrousers said:
It worked a treat against Liverpool,everyone thought we were champions elect,yet we slip up in 1 game and we should change it?
What if we'd beat Sunderland?

That is not the point, we have never been a threat going forward. We had one good move against liverpool but were largely toothless the rest of the time. 3-0 flattered us.
Thats right,3 stuffy breakaway goals whilst under the cosh,a total toothless performance

simon23 said:
Sabster said:
That is not the point, we have never been a threat going forward. We had one good move against liverpool but were largely toothless the rest of the time. 3-0 flattered us.

fully agree...

it was a fantastic result and we looked as solid as ive ever seen a city side but looking att he attacking performance it was very very average..

we have rarely looked a threat going forward since RM took over...again its about the balance of his team. I stil think he is over cautious. Teams like chelski and utd take charge of games and attack the opposition not just with a front 3 but from midfield. We are dominating possession in the middle of the park but are doing very little creatively with it.

when the likes of utd arsenal, chelski, and spur attack they often have 5 or 6 players in the attack....we rarely have more than 4.....sometimes we have 3

the likes of barry, and especially djong are rarely going to get goals.....barry has scored 2 goals (i think ) since he has come to city including the one he got against liverpool....he is limited in terms of attacking potential.
I dont think yaya (as good a player as he is) should be the creative force in our team....he should be in the starting 11 but his role should be different.

Im waiting to see what RM does when he has his fullbacks back...im hoping this is where we will get more attacking options from.....but for now he should be changing the way we are playing because without atacking fullbacks its very very limiting going forward

lol @ above comment.........defenders attacking is totally pointless, that's why we have 3 wingers at our club - should leave that to them. Makes me laugh when people say Glen Johnson is a great player (always abandons his defensive duties and leaves wingers nowhere to go!)

I think at the start of next season, once every one has settled in our front 3 will be;

-------SILVA------------BALOTELLI---------------TEVEZ------

I think A.J will be an impact sub, and will play most of the Cup games untill he eventually become's world class (which he undoubtably will)

We will play like Barce i think, with all 3 constantly rotating positions.

simon23 said:
Sabster said:

fully agree...

it was a fantastic result and we looked as solid as ive ever seen a city side but looking att he attacking performance it was very very average..

we have rarely looked a threat going forward since RM took over...again its about the balance of his team. I stil think he is over cautious. Teams like chelski and utd take charge of games and attack the opposition not just with a front 3 but from midfield. We are dominating possession in the middle of the park but are doing very little creatively with it.

when the likes of utd arsenal, chelski, and spur attack they often have 5 or 6 players in the attack....we rarely have more than 4.....sometimes we have 3

the likes of barry, and especially djong are rarely going to get goals.....barry has scored 2 goals (i think ) since he has come to city including the one he got against liverpool....he is limited in terms of attacking potential.
I dont think yaya (as good a player as he is) should be the creative force in our team....he should be in the starting 11 but his role should be different.

Im waiting to see what RM does when he has his fullbacks back...im hoping this is where we will get more attacking options from.....but for now he should be changing the way we are playing because without atacking fullbacks its very very limiting going forward

see sabster i can accept, he knows jack shit and basically looks within any thread to attach himself to the first bit of negativity he can find..... stand up simon.
So the liverpool performance was poor in attacking terms? how the fuck can you expect anyone to take you seriously with a comment like that? We also went to sunderland, i'm guessing you didnt, and ripped them a new one for the whole of the 1st half, the rest is history. Seriously i'd be concerned when you have someone like sabster agreeing with you.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
simon23 said:
fully agree...

see sabster i can accept, he knows jack shit and basically looks within any thread to attach himself to the first bit of negativity he can find..... stand up simon.
So the liverpool performance was poor in attacking terms? how the fuck can you expect anyone to take you seriously with a comment like that? We also went to sunderland, i'm guessing you didnt, and ripped them a new one for the whole of the 1st half, the rest is history. Seriously i'd be concerned when you have someone like sabster agreeing with you.

well Zin... you seem unable to understand , I'm sorry for you.

if you dont have at least 30 shot on target and 20 clear chance per games , home and away, you are playing N E G A T I V E !

[/quote]well Zin... you seem unable to understand , I'm sorry for you.

if you dont have at least 30 shot on target and 20 clear chance per games , home and away, you are playing N E G A T I V E ![/quote]

I think he's still hurting over having to take down his stevie ireland posters.

brianstrousers said:
Sabster said:
Thats right,3 stuffy breakaway goals whilst under the cosh,a total toothless performance

Stop taking everything so personally. We completely deserved to win and looked unbelievably solid, but played no incisive football, we created one chance and scored. The other two were set pieces.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 am --<br /><br />
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
simon23 said:
fully agree...

I am not negative, I am impartial. On the contrary I am very positive, I think we have the best strike force in the world.

Sabster said:
You don't half post some shite!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.