A Great Time To Visit Turkey

@worsleyweb

I'm in a place called Kalkan, which is a small town built around a harbour. There is no beach as such, so you can stay in the hotel or walk to the harbour and catch a free water taxi to a beach club. These are bars and a restaurant that are built into the rocks. For those who know Kalkan, Palm beach is our club of choice and offers spectacular views across the bay

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra..._Club-Kalkan_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

Kalkan old town is a fabulous array of shops and very nice restaurants, with the majority having roof top terraces to take in the views. Trip Advisor awards may of these restaurants a 4.2 and above and the service is second to none

There is not one pushy trader and I've not witnessed any young ladies copping for unwanted attention

Worsley, you appreciate fine things. Honestly give this place a try. I'm certain you and Mrs Ww would love it

I’m thinking of dabbling with turkey again in October after a pretty boring attempt last time, all inclusive nearest town was turgetries(sp) I don’t mind all inclusive if I can escape to a local town in the evening.

We were there two weeks ago and the ex rate started in resort at 7.4 and by the end of the fortnight was at 6.9
The most disappointing aspect was that it wasn't as cheap as I expected. The locals had put the prices up to run with the exchange rate
I found that the hotel ex rate was piss poor.
Bars and those little market shops still offering best rates.
The main thing I found to have risen in price was beer etc.
Food , trips and fake tops and sunglasses were still dirt cheap.
The boat trip has been a tenner for ten years.
How they make it pay is a mystery.

I found that the hotel ex rate was piss poor.
Bars and those little market shops still offering best rates.
The main thing I found to have risen in price was beer etc.
Food , trips and fake tops and sunglasses were still dirt cheap.
The boat trip has been a tenner for ten years.
How they make it pay is a mystery.
Yes, it was the drinks that bumped up the cost. In bars and restaurants it was about 2.5tlr for a beer (£3ish) and surprisingly 1.90 in our hotel, which shows how much they've raised the prices
The food was really good value and absolutely top quality

Yes, it was the drinks that bumped up the cost. In bars and restaurants it was about 2.5tlr for a beer (£3ish) and surprisingly 1.90 in our hotel, which shows how much they've raised the prices
The food was really good value and absolutely top quality

3 quid for a beer? Think i will go back to Spain

A great time to visit Turkey ... Well it will be from today the 2nd of March because entry Visas for Turkey have been removed saving £27 a person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.