A (hopefully) non offensive thread from a stern pro Hughes..

what a great post, but its not mancinis fault hes useless, its the stupid idiot who sacked hughes and thought he could do better, now i'm not saying hughes was the answer,but the owners should have left it till the end of the season, my only worry is, are the owners going to get fed up,give up and move on

This can go on this thread too

In respomse to this latest pining and tearful cry for lover-boy Hughes I have been instructed to respond with the following extract from The Mark Hughes Big Book Of Excuses.

Take you pick which one you want to use.

"Whenever I am getting shit results I pull up a bowl of leek soup, get a new perm and consider which of the following beauties I am going to tell people with a straight face.

1 - I can't be expected to be getting anything like consistent results, I've only been here a full season.

2 - I can't be expected to get near the results of the previous manager as, despite all the facts saying otherwise, everything and everyone associated with the club before I arrived were a pile of shit.

3 - I can't be expected to get results that are up to the standard of player at the club in my first twelve months as I have not been given the time to replace 90% of the first team squad.

4 - I cannot be expected to get a team to perform to its potential until I have been given at least £200m to spend on it.

5 - I cannot be expected to get a team to perform to its potential until I have had two or three pre seasons.

6 - I cannot be expected to get results with players that someone else bought because they are almost all workshy, unprofessional, disgusting bastards and only players that have been brought to the club by me personally can be trusted to be up to the required standard and not complete bastards whose only priority is to let me down (this goes for staff too)

7 - It doesn't matter if I can't get good results as this is all mitigated by unsubstantiated claims that I am doing brilliant work 'behind the scenes'. It is only a coincidence that improvements to facilities 'behind the scenes' have occured since the club became rich. These improvements are down to me personally and could not and would not have occured if anyone else was manager.

Now, I believe Mancini hasn't resorted to any of those yet, so by my reckoning he has at least twelve months of excuse making left before most people are going to start asking questions.

I do hope he has a copy of this publication.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

In respomse to this latest pining and tearful cry for lover-boy Hughes I have been instructed to respond with the following extract from The Mark Hughes Big Book Of Excuses.

"Whenever I am getting shit results I pull up a bowl of leek soup, get a new perm and consider which of the following beauties I am going to tell people with a straight face.

1 - I can't be expected to be getting anything like consistent results, I've only been here a full season.

2 - I can't be expected to get near the results of the previous manager as, despite all the facts saying otherwise, everything and everyone associated with the club before I arrived were a pile of shit.

3 - I can't be expected to get results that are up to the standard of player at the club in my first twelve months as I have not been given the time to replace 90% of the first team squad.

4 - I cannot be expected to get a team to perform to its potential until I have been given at least £200m to spend on it.

5 - I cannot be expected to get a team to perform to its potential until I have had two or three pre seasons.

6 - I cannot be expected to get results with players that someone else bought because they are almost all workshy, unprofessional, disgusting bastards and only players that have been brought to the club by me personally can be trusted to be up to the required standard and not complete bastards whose only priority is to let me down (this goes for staff too)

7 - It doesn't matter if I can't get good results as this is all mitigated by unsubstantiated claims that I am doing brilliant work 'behind the scenes'. It is only a coincidence that improvements to facilities 'behind the scenes' have occured since the club became rich. These improvements are down to me personally and could not and would not have occured if anyone else was manager.

Now, I believe Mancini hasn't resorted to any of those yet, so by my reckoning he has at least twelve months of excuse making left before most people are going to start asking questions.

And we cant be expected to read that drivel as it is all made up! Unless you can substantiate them all with specific quotes.

I hope you do as it would keep you off here for a while :)

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Very mature. Facts are facts/ Under Huges we were in the position for 1 realistic chance at a trophy, one in 60 odd chance of one and an outside bet for another. Now we are in for none Pleae try and tell me i'm wrong

Pigeonho said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Very mature. Facts are facts/ Under Huges we were in the position for 1 realistic chance at a trophy, one in 60 odd chance of one and an outside bet for another. Now we are in for none Pleae try and tell me i'm wrong

You are correct. However, it is a terrible argument for keeping a manager - unless you are of the opinion that this means that we would definitely not be in the same, or worse position today under Hughes. Something which Hughes' record (against United, other Premier League teams and in cup competitions in general) and especially knowledge of simple odds, suggests would be pretty unlikely (although obviously not impossible).

EDIT:

Actually, I take that back. The combined odds of us being either a) in the league cup final b) in contention to win the league or c) still in the FA cup, would probably be slightly in the favour of any manager that took over in Dec. However, it is still a terrible argument in favour of Hughes. Especially given his own track record here

The only point that I would add is that we shouldn't repeat the witchhunt conducted by those outers.
(Yes we've seen very little to be positive about on the field of play and we know the arguments already "Hughes had 18mths, wait till it's his team etc" but also remember that RM was brought in to do a job with the resources at his disposal THIS season.)
Despite this I'm still going to support him till the summer and then judge his performance, although at this stage I hold very little hope for him.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
You are correct. However, it is a terrible argument for keeping a manager - unless you are of the opinion that this means that we would definitely not be in the same, or worse position today under Hughes. Something which Hughes' record (against United, other Premier League teams and in cup competitions in general) and especially knowledge of simple odds, suggests would be pretty unlikely (although obviously not impossible).

EDIT:

Actually, I take that back. The combined odds of us being either a) in the league cup final b) in contention to win the league or c) still in the FA cup, would probably be slightly in the favour of any manager that took over in Dec. However, it is still a terrible argument in favour of Hughes. Especially given his own track record here
So you think that Hughes would either have taken his players to Scunthorpe and Middlesborough and lost, or lost with them at home to Stoke? I think you've lost the plot there. I'm not saying we would definitely have won but I think it's highly likely we would have. I don't think we'd have seen the kind of guttless unimaginative performances we have over the last 2 months either. Not only that but the defence looks no better than it did under Hughes which was his main failing. I was so hoping mancini could push us on to where I was convinced Hughes would take us (I was VERY confident we would get 4th spot under Hughes , and that's genuinely to all you Hughes outers). Now I really don't fancy our chances.

I've said it before on here. We were unlucky to drop points in a few of Hughes games but under Mancini we've fluked a lot of the results we have. He's been lucky, when will the luck run out? Answer? TONIGHT! These should have been burried at Eastlands and under Hughes I'm convinced they would have been.

Can we just sort out once and for all who got hughes the sack?, as i dont remember much booing by the fans at matches or any demonstrations at Coms? Just cos some posters on here didn't rate Hughes i dont think it had any bearing on what happened?? (unless G Cook comes on here whilst smacked off his tits). And another thing why do the Pro-Hughes Brigade think they have got one over the Anti Hughes Mob, no one had a clue who was coming after Leslie, it could have been the best thing that ever happened to our club, its all and i mean all out of our hands.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

EDIT:

So you think that Hughes would either have taken his players to Scunthorpe and Middlesborough and lost, or lost with them at home to Stoke? I think you've lost the plot there. I'm not saying we would definitely have won but I think it's highly likely we would have. I don't think we'd have seen the kind of guttless unimaginative performances we have over the last 2 months either. Not only that but the defence looks no better than it did under Hughes which was his main failing. I was so hoping mancini could push us on to where I was convinced Hughes would take us (I was VERY confident we would get 4th spot under Hughes , and that's genuinely to all you Hughes outers). Now I really don't fancy our chances.

I've said it before on here. We were unlucky to drop points in a few of Hughes games but under Mancini we've fluked a lot of the results we have. He's been lucky, when will the luck run out? Answer? TONIGHT! These should have been burried at Eastlands and under Hughes I'm convinced they would have been.

This. And THIS is why the results at the atart were so obviously and somewhat embarassingly hand-picked for Mancini. Truth though, as sad as it is, is that it is not working.

rushts said:
Can we just sort out once and for all who got hughes the sack?, as i dont remember much booing by the fans at matches or any demonstrations at Coms? Just cos some posters on here didn't rate Hughes i dont think it had any bearing on what happened?? (unless G Cook comes on here whilst smacked off his tits). And another thing why do the Pro-Hughes Brigade think they have got one over the Anti Hughes Mob, no one had a clue who was coming after Leslie, it could have been the best thing that ever happened to our club, its all and i mean all out of our hands.
It's just that quite a few of the Hughes Out mob are adamant that Mancini is better. I can't see where, I wish it were true because I deserately want us to get Champion's League footy next year. However, I feel rotten watching City's games now, and with barely a ray of hope shown on the pitch who can blame me?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.