A-Level Results Day - Thursday 18th August

talkativesprout said:
My son got 1 B', 2xC, and an E.

Bit of light hearted, ribbing from me on the E. to a reply of, Dad ony 3 people in the class got a mark.

Now if he had paid for his A levels, id be asking some awkward questions.

Stockport college.

Quite possibly the worst college around

Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:

Bit of light hearted, ribbing from me on the E. to a reply of, Dad ony 3 people in the class got a mark.

Stockport college.

Occupied by complete morons.

Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:

Stockport college.

I couldnt comment on that, I was a disillusioned clown at his age so never got to sample higher education (tbh didnt sample much middle education in my last 2 years).

It does pose an interesting problem (guessing) , should teaching standards be not upto scratch, what would the system do with a paid for service that wasnt delivered to standard ? Would you be able to ask for your fee back if the majority didnt score C ?<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:37 pm --<br /><br />
mcfcliam said:
Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:

Stockport college.

My son is not a moron. Im guessing taught by morons

talkativesprout said:
Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:

Stockport college.

I couldnt comment on that, I was a disillusioned clown at his age so never got to sample higher education (tbh didnt sample much middle education in my last 2 years).

It does pose an interesting problem (guessing) , should teaching standards be not upto scratch, what would the system do with a paid for service that wasnt delivered to standard ? Would you be able to ask for your fee back if the majority didnt score C ?

-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:37 pm --

mcfcliam said:
Mikem93 said:

we could have 100 pages on here for the education system and improvements that could/should be made.

talkativesprout said:
Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:

Stockport college.

It does pose an interesting problem (guessing) , should teaching standards be not upto scratch, what would the system do with a paid for service that wasnt delivered to standard ? Would you be able to ask for your fee back if the majority didnt score C ?

mcfcliam said:
Mikem93 said:

And that is the problem, I went there and wanted to drop out after my first year because it was shit but I was promised that it would be different in the second year when actually it was worse in the second year. ended up getting a job and working basically full time and not going in for the last 6 months but I didn't really do much before that as I'd already decided I was going to do A Levels in September and a different college. Pissed off I didn't do the smart thing and go to Aquinas when I had the chance with most of my mate who are now going uni

JoeMercer'sWay said:
talkativesprout said:
Mikem93 said:

mcfcliam said:

we could have 100 pages on here for the education system and improvements that could/should be made.
Got a few more than that on Muffin V Barm.

Paying for a service is a little different to what the country has been use to.

When some smart arse, works out its a money tree, i wouldn't expect so may people getting turned away

Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:
Mikem93 said:

mcfcliam said:

And that is the problem, I went there and wanted to drop out after my first year because it was shit but I was promised that it would be different in the second year when actually it was worse in the second year. ended up getting a job and working basically full time and not going in for the last 6 months but I didn't really do much before that as I'd already decided I was going to do A Levels in September and a different college. Pissed off I didn't do the smart thing and go to Aquinas when I had the chance with most of my mate who are now going uni

Got a new job yet you planker or are you still in the dole queue?

Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:
Mikem93 said:

mcfcliam said:

Got ya, your reply was a bit vague.

By his own admittance he pissed his first chance at college away, failed and left halfway through (thrown out).
Got a year or so older, works 30 ish hours (mc,D's) and went back to college at the same time.

Very proud, i carried on pissing my life til 30 ish

Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:
Mikem93 said:

mcfcliam said:

I went to Aquinas, was brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.