A-Level Results Day - Thursday 18th August

mcfcliam said:
Mikem93 said:
talkativesprout said:
I couldnt comment on that, I was a disillusioned clown at his age so never got to sample higher education (tbh didnt sample much middle education in my last 2 years).

It does pose an interesting problem (guessing) , should teaching standards be not upto scratch, what would the system do with a paid for service that wasnt delivered to standard ? Would you be able to ask for your fee back if the majority didnt score C ?

-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:37 pm --

My son is not a moron. Im guessing taught by morons

And that is the problem, I went there and wanted to drop out after my first year because it was shit but I was promised that it would be different in the second year when actually it was worse in the second year. ended up getting a job and working basically full time and not going in for the last 6 months but I didn't really do much before that as I'd already decided I was going to do A Levels in September and a different college. Pissed off I didn't do the smart thing and go to Aquinas when I had the chance with most of my mate who are now going uni

Got a new job yet you planker or are you still in the dole queue?

Still a jobless bum and going back college in September, pretty shit times

Mikem93 said:
mcfcliam said:
Mikem93 said:
And that is the problem, I went there and wanted to drop out after my first year because it was shit but I was promised that it would be different in the second year when actually it was worse in the second year. ended up getting a job and working basically full time and not going in for the last 6 months but I didn't really do much before that as I'd already decided I was going to do A Levels in September and a different college. Pissed off I didn't do the smart thing and go to Aquinas when I had the chance with most of my mate who are now going uni

A year or two sorting it all out at this point of your life is nothing at all. The experience of recent months may prove to be the most valuable you've ever had as it can give you the focus you need to get it right second time round.

Recalling my own experiences, I dropped out of uni. for a year because I felt I had become a professional exam passer and otherwise didn't really know what the hell I was doing there. I look back on that year out as the biggest learning experience of the lot as, in the course of doing various jobs etc, etc, I found out what I didn't want to do (which was at least as important for me as trying to work out what I did want). When I returned to uni. the following year, my entire outlook had changed - basically I grew up.

Good luck on your return to education next month - have faith .....it will all work itself out. It may be "shit times" right now but, by the tone of your posts, you know what you have to do to turn that around.......and that is a pretty good base from which to start. Keep the chin up!

citiblue375 said:
Mikem93 said:
mcfcliam said:

A year or two sorting it all out at this point of your life is nothing at all. The experience of recent months may prove to be the most valuable you've ever had as it can give you the focus you need to get it right second time round.

Recalling my own experiences, I dropped out of uni. for a year because I felt I had become a professional exam passer and otherwise didn't really know what the hell I was doing there. I look back on that year out as the biggest learning experience of the lot as, in the course of doing various jobs etc, etc, I found out what I didn't want to do (which was at least as important for me as trying to work out what I did want). When I returned to uni. the following year, my entire outlook had changed - basically I grew up.

Good luck on your return to education next month - have faith .....it will all work itself out. It may be "shit times" right now but, by the tone of your posts, you know what you have to do to turn that around.......and that is a pretty good base from which to start. Keep the chin up!

Cheers mate, yeah I've learnt a lot from working my arse off and found out that I am a workaholic ( as a few people told me) I just need to transfer that into putting effort into my education for a change. Never really tried that hard at school which is a big regret I have because I should have been coming out with A*s not Bs but you live and learn. Problem I have at the minute is without a job I'm going to struggle to go to college because I need to pay for my car etc. So I really need to get a job basically but thats proving much harder than it was when got my last job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.