a match boycott is a must

Re: a match boycott is a must!!

XxRachXx said:
ell said:
XxRachXx said:
Or stop moaning .. deal with it and continue to support your club
How can I support my club when it costs too much to do so?

I understand it costs alot but people arent going to stop going because you cant afford to go ...
I think you have totally missed the point. ONE match boycott to get the costs down not only so people can keep going but people with more disposible income get to save money aswell? Unless you would rather a football owner has your money than yourself

BezzMCFC said:
Every week i read n hear people moaning about prices. (im one of them)

It seems the average price for a city away is £50 excluding wigan.

So if you go every away game it will be well over £1000 with travel food beer

Thats not even including european and cup games.

Theres only one way to attempt to put a stop to these clubs ripping us off.

An organised boycott.. prices will carry on going up unless we as fans act.

It will only work if it is organised.

They're not only clubs mate, they're a business. I believe if you want to see the likes of Aguero and Silva at the club, or top footballers at other clubs, that don't have as much money as ours, no matter how much revenue is created from sponsors etc.. you'll have to pay. This applies for every club in the league.

ell said:
XxRachXx said:
ell said:
How can I support my club when it costs too much to do so?

I understand it costs alot but people arent going to stop going because you cant afford to go ...
I think you have totally missed the point. ONE match boycott to get the costs down not only so people can keep going but people with more disposible income get to save money aswell? Unless you would rather a football owner has your money than yourself

That one match could cost them the league ...

XxRachXx said:
ell said:
XxRachXx said:

Baffled as to how the fans boycotting one match could cost the club a league. Its not like the fans will be of any use when the away end is full of 3000 tourists becuase they are the only people who can afford to go

ell said:
XxRachXx said:
ell said:

Baffled as to how the fans boycotting one match could cost the club a league. Its not like the fans will be of any use when the away end is full of 3000 tourists becuase they are the only people who can afford to go

The fans perform with our support three points lost could be all it takes

correct me if I am wrong but don't city buy the tickets then sells them to us?
so us not going would still result in the away team getting the money and would result in the club picking up the expense, of course the club could just not buy the tickets in the first place but then the away club would just sell them to there away fans and they would still get their money and would have more of there own fans.

A boycott maybe difficult due to those who refuse to miss games and those to who the cost is irrelevent. Maybe people could get together and organise a mass late entry to to all grounds one weekend so empty seats a visible for the first 10 of 15 minutes of the game, thus getting the point across but those who don't mind getting shafted price wise can still show support for those who are struggling to afford football.

Football has gone potty, utterly potty, away tickets are a licence to print money and Aviva backed Norwich City are as guilty as the Ar$enils and QPRs of the world. London prices for a game. London travel costs. London half time drink prices. Programmes more than £3 yet?

What's more is the demand for seats, as always will be there, we (Man City fans) boycotted Bolton away many moons ago (2005ish) for their over £30 away tickets - it never worked. Now look at it. pathetic. Delia and the Norwich board should be ashamed, I honestly thought Norwich was a people's club with people's price. Whether it is financial fair play affecting the clubs or utter greed I don't know.

I've been following City home and away for years and it really has lost touch.

How can you justify shafting the fans?! Corporates, prawn butty eaters etc can afford it, I can afford it (but at the expense of what?), life isn't reflected in football anymore and likewise following football is just about having cash. On the field and off the field clubs may have piles of notes, but fans do not.

Ar4enil are rumoured to be charging £65 away this season and £75 is the banded figure at QPR. Tut tut. This has been goibng on foe years and getting well out of hand.

Why can't each club say to the other, okay 2000 away seats are allocated, £15 or so for your fans, as long as you charge our fans £15 or so back. Agreed? Sorted. Away fans create hiome atmospheres as much as anyone else.

Right off to eBay to bid on some concert tickets... ah, wait... it is a social problem. Everyone is being outpriced at everything social and entertaining.

Disgusted.

Norwich away

The club has received an allocation of 2,400 tickets priced as follows:

£50.00 Adult
£40.00 Over 65s
£30.00 Under 16s
£20.00 Under 12s
£50.00 Adult disabled plus free assistant
£40.00 Over 65 disabled plus free assistant
£30.00 Under 16 disabled plus free assistant
£20.00 Under 12 disabled plus free assistant

Sunderland away
The club has received an allocation of 2,100 tickets priced as follows:
£39.00 Adult
£15.00 Under 16s
£26.00 Over 65s
£39.00 Adult disabled plus free assistant
£15.00 Under 16 disabled plus free assistant
£26.00 Over 65 disabled plus free assistant

Newcastle away
The club has received an initial allocation of 2,200 tickets priced as follows:
£42.00 Adult
£21.00 Under 18s
£34.00 Over 65s
£21.00 Disabled plus free assistant

Dortmund away
The Club has received an allocation of 2,900 tickets priced as follows:
£35/£34/£32/£28/£27/£24 Adults
£8 Disabled Wheelchair supporter (Includes free assistant)
Home game comparison v Stoke (for non-season ticket holders, works out alot more than on seasoncard)
Tickets for this game are priced from:
£32 Adult
£25 18-21
£16 16-17
£11 Junior (Under 16)
£25 Over 65s
£25 Disabled (wheelchair & ambulant)

City v Real Madrid was £40; Bayern £30; Ajax £30.

XxRachXx said:
ell said:
XxRachXx said:

Im sure fans help in a very minor way but if your right then our we have dropped two points at west ham because the real fans were priced out and it was one of the worst away ends we have had for some time. They are the only people who will be able to afford to go in future years so the support wont be of any benefit then.

On a side note being a City fan it has never been about winning, I supported us when we won fuck all and I would like to support us now we are good.

ell said:
XxRachXx said:
ell said:

Im sure fans help in a very minor way but if your right then our we have dropped two points at west ham because the real fans were priced out and it was one of the worst away ends we have had for some time. They are the only people who will be able to afford to go in future years so the support wont be of any benefit then.

On a side note being a City fan it has never been about winning, I supported us when we won fuck all and I would like to support us now we are good.

Priced out. I just want to watch my club. May have to follow Hyde FC at this rate or Droylsden or someone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.