a match boycott is a must

Re: a match boycott is a must!!

XxRachXx said:
Or stop moaning .. deal with it and continue to support your club
Not the way to go about it at all.

Football in England is getting priced to ridiculous prices. £62 at Arsenal, 62fucking£! It's not on. I think a boycott needs organising, with all fans of all clubs and the FSF right behind it.

Surely there isn't only Dave Whelan who has a touch on reality in this country is there?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:18 pm --<br /><br />
kinkysleftfoot said:
Stop moaning, we're the best team with the best players, we could only dream of this a few years ago and dreams are never cheap
You're missing the point.

It isn't just about us. I don't want Bristol Rovers fans to be charged too much at Bradford; it's about everyone! City don't set away ticket prices, the club we're visiting do. We're not necessarily moaning about City, it's about all football clubs in England.

XxRachXx said:

People can't deal with it when it's unaffordable. So many of the people I know who go everywhere are young and live at home or very well off without dependents.

As a London based Blue, I'd like to do Arsenal around my birthday in January but won't go purely because I understand the ticket will top £60. Enough it enough.

XxRachXx said:

Exactly the attitude that has caused these prices to be deemed acceptable in the first place.

I'd support any action that highlights these rip off prices.

I'm a SC holder and it's good value at approx £26 per game, but any ticket for any game that is over £35 is a disgrace in my opinion.

I didn't do any Champions League games, i can afford it quite easily but refuse to be ripped off. If you just keep paying these prices the clubs will keep charging them. A few banners at home games would be a good start, and plenty of emails, tweets and filling up the official facebook page with messages will ensure the club know we feel.

Hopefully the local and national press will take notice, then all football fans at every level can let the people in charge know that we won't be ripped off any more

XxRachXx said:
ell said:
XxRachXx said:
How can I support my club when it costs too much to do so?

I understand it costs alot but people arent going to stop going because you cant afford to go ...

Fair point....but where does all this TV money go...wasn't there some talk in the distant past about cheaper tickets becuase of it...the money seems to go into the players pockets mostly, as far as I can tell...the world is full of people ripping us off

Can't see a boycott ever happening to be honest. It would take a lot of organising and even then I think it'd be a struggle to get enough people involved to actually make a difference. Maybe we should look at something more realistic and less time consuming for the time being like banners, songs and using social media.

I agree its a rip off but as City fans we can't complain about ticket pricing. Our season tickets are superb value considering what we are watching. Yes this is about away matches but as has been said, a boycott won't do anything in my opinion.

Not telling anyone how to run their life but I used to have at least a fiver bet and a pint at every match. The way I deal with any increase in cost is not to do that anymore. I still enjoy the match just as much, just got to find ways to adapt to the increases.

Quite shocked at the attitudes shown by a few on this thread that I imagined would know better. It's all well and good for the younger supporters who have a lot of disposable income but before you lot came along, there was always thousands of others who kept the club going.

It's a tricky one to suss out because a national boycott would have to involve home supporters as well or as stated, the home sides would simply sell the away allocation to their own supporters. Then you have the problem that season ticket holders aren't going to boycott something that they've already paid for. The "I'm alright Jack, fuck you" brigade who are on this thread in numbers would also gladly throw a spanner in the works on any matchday food, drink, programmes boycott simply because they can. A proper selfish attitude shown by some which explains why it's got to this state in the first place.

InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
If you can't afford to go, it won't really be a boycott because you wouldn't be able to go anyway...
I think the idea is to stop it BEFORE you have to give up.

Not sure how much longer I can keep up with the price increases every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.