A message of Edin Dzeko...

I don't watch the Bundesliga so have only seen him play for us and I think underwhelmed is the best way to describe my feeling so far.

He seems to be a likeable character and I truly hope my gut feeling is wrong and its just a case of him needing to settle down.

Subs against Sunderland... Viera...Dzeko..Milner.. Captain of England Barry..
all city legends material for me...

redmizzle said:
LoveCity said:
Misleading, he did that for about 2 seconds and was having a laugh/chat with Taylor before and after that. He didn't look unhappy at all.

Exactly, he just put his head down for a second and suddenly people are reading all sorts into it. He'll be fine.

Redmizzle - you are surprising me now buddy! :-)<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 pm --<br /><br />Everyone - I will say only one thing:

In one year's time Edin will be a 15 plus scorer in this league - and I truly hope he will do it AT City rather than at some opposing team.

You can hold me to that at this time next year. This is history repeating itself (same drill at Wolfsburg at first).

He will get more chances no doubt about that, and I firmly believe he can do very well at City. But the fact is right now with everyone fit he is correctly down the pecking order as Tevez and Balotelli have shown more than him this season so we can't afford to pick him for the sake of nursing him along.

Once he's got a pre-season with the rest of the squad under his belt the goals will flow.

EaglesFan said:
redmizzle said:
Exactly, he just put his head down for a second and suddenly people are reading all sorts into it. He'll be fine.

Redmizzle - you are surprising me now buddy! :-)

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 pm --

Everyone - I will say only one thing:

In one year's time Edin will be a 15 plus scorer in this league - and I truly hope he will do it AT City rather than at some opposing team.

You can hold me to that at this time next year. This is history repeating itself (same drill at Wolfsburg at first).

How am i surprising you? Dzeko didn't have his head down crying because he didn't play as that shot will have you believe.

I'm sure he was disappointed he didn't play but that shot is quite misleading because it was between laughing and joking with those sitting around him. And besides, he's supposed to be very professional so i'm sure he'll be fine. Being on the bench now will make it even sweeter for him when he gets his chance and he's banging them in.

hate to use the rags as an example but berbatov did fuck all in his first yr wit the rags...now hes top scorer in the prem and he even played for anothe prem team before the rags. Dzeko will come good, he just needs good quality service from the wings in particular. Johnno is back and looking fiesty so i can see the goals coming soon!

Dzeko will be a great player for us. I'm just baffled though why Bobby doesn't put Kolarov left wing when he's playing.

Yer can't score the goals he has scored in one of the toughest leagues if yer haven't got the spark. He has taken longer than most to settle into a playing pattern, and in and out doesn't help - look at Lescott. Only now is Jole getting to the stage where solidity comes as standard. Edin will start firing next season when he has had a full pre-season. Just hope that Mancini is in the harness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.