A message to the visiting Stoke fans...

Tricky_Rici said:
bluejase said:
Stateside, you got played off the park until Bennett sent Ade off and 'the best atmosphere in the country'? don't make me giggle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...l-Adebayor-sent-Potty-Blues-crash-FA-Cup.html

Seems like a very fair assessment of events to me. Feel free to find a report that says you played us off the park for over an hour until Adebayor got sent off and i'm all ears.

How about my assertion that we should have been 'out of sight' after the first half hour and it should have been 'game over'?

How about ignoring Ade's sending off (we won't mention HUTH at this point) and agreeing that Barry, Bellamy, Ireland and Santa Cruz all missed relatively easy chances to put the game beyond Stoke?

Hmmm

Freestyler said:
Shafter said:
To be fair, that was rather cheeky of mancini not acknowledging pulis at the final whistle!!!

Pulis is a twat anyway, even though you won your cup final, i'm still waiting for the idiot to come out and say our goal shouldn't of stood for some reason,

loudest fans? maybe i'll give you that,

only sing when your winning?

booing the players off at HT?

deary me.
Tonight was no cup final.....or we would have sold all our tickets!!!!

We're going out next round anyway...........ooops or maybe not, we said that when we got drawn against you!!!

Shafter said:
Freestyler said:
Pulis is a twat anyway, even though you won your cup final, i'm still waiting for the idiot to come out and say our goal shouldn't of stood for some reason,

loudest fans? maybe i'll give you that,

only sing when your winning?

booing the players off at HT?

deary me.

We're going out next round anyway...........ooops or maybe not, we said that when we got drawn against you!!!

enjoy it whilst you can, chelsea will absolutely paste you a week on saturday, they might put away 4 golden chances within 20 minutes like we had tonight, could of bin game over by HT, basically without Delap your fucked as a team.

We haven't been able to handle Stoke under Mancini, as much as i don't like thier tactics and as much as i hate their chav wannabe manager, i've no real grievencies... We've played them 3 times in quick succession, they have no plan B, we're "meant to win on paper" and yet we've been unable to effectively handle them.

let stoke fans enjoy it. in fairness we have played them 3 times in the last couple of weeks and we have failed to beat them. they clearly deserved to win in the league the other night. the goal should have stood. probably justice that we had a bad decision go against us tonight. we wouldnt have beaten chelsea in the next round so lets not worry about it and fair play to stoke.

GStar said:
We haven't been able to handle Stoke under Mancini, as much as i don't like thier tactics and as much as i hate their chav wannabe manager, i've no real grievencies... We've played them 3 times in quick succession, they have no plan B, we're "meant to win on paper" and yet we've been unable to effectively handle them.

Beat them 2-0 his first game, they got lucky the 2nd.

DTeacher said:
Tricky_Rici said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...l-Adebayor-sent-Potty-Blues-crash-FA-Cup.html

Seems like a very fair assessment of events to me. Feel free to find a report that says you played us off the park for over an hour until Adebayor got sent off and i'm all ears.

How about my assertion that we should have been 'out of sight' after the first half hour and it should have been 'game over'?

How about ignoring Ade's sending off (we won't mention HUTH at this point) and agreeing that Barry, Bellamy, Ireland and Santa Cruz all missed relatively easy chances to put the game beyond Stoke?

Hmmm

You missed a few chances early on i agree. From a Stoke view the first 20 minutes or so was not enjoyable viewing for us at all but after that there was very little in the game and we missed a few chances of our own. I admit that they mainly revolved around set-pieces but there was an awful lot of scrambling in your box when we could also have stuck one or two in the net.

I still believe it was a fair result though and we deserved it because at the end of the day you can make all the chances you like but if you don't pop 'em in the back of the net you don't "deserve" to go through, do you?

Adebayor's was a harsh sending off i thought but it certainly didn't surprise me, not in this day and age anyway where you can't raise your hands. Looked a lot worse at full speed though and that's all Bennet had. I'll be interested to see the Huth one myself as i honestly didn't see that one.

Freestyler said:
Shafter said:

enjoy it whilst you can, chelsea will absolutely paste you a week on saturday, they might put away 4 golden chances within 20 minutes like we had tonight, could of bin game over by HT, basically without Delap your fucked as a team.
Mate i'm not after an argument here but please explain how we are fucked without delap??

Yes we may score a few goals from his throws but i'd be interested to see what percentage that is!!!

Other than the delap throw to shawcross tonight, the other two goals were superb!!!....and to be honest if they were scored by any other team than stoke then they'd get more credibility.

Corky said:
GStar said:

Beat them 2-0 his first game, they got lucky the 2nd.

TBF the first couple of games was Hughes' team playing, Mancini didn't bring in his philosophies until around 4 games into his tenure.

You create you're own luck, how often do the top teams moan about a single decision? Rarely because they make sure a game doesn't rest on a single decision, they create enough oppourtunities to ensure and bad luck is irrelevant.

Shafter said:
Freestyler said:
Mate i'm not after an argument here but please explain how we are fucked without delap??

Yes we may score a few goals from his throws but i'd be interested to see what percentage that is!!!

Other than the delap throw to shawcross tonight, the other two goals were superb!!!....and to be honest if they were scored by any other team than stoke then they'd get more credibility.

delaps throw-ins have been your path to tonights quarters,

1 goal tonight was a delap throw in, one was a counter attack when we threw everyone forward, the first goal is probably the only goal where you could say you carved us open.

i think under a better manager we could of won easily tonight, realistically it could of been game over by HT, mancini got it wrong again so if's and but's don't matter, if we get a better manager, and no disrespect to stoke, we would be coming places like yours tonight on that performance and bagging alot, not to be though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.