A message to the visiting Stoke fans...

Freestyler said:
delaps throw-ins have been your path to tonights quarters,

1 goal tonight was a delap throw in, one was a counter attack when we threw everyone forward, the first goal is probably the only goal where you could say you carved us open.

i think under a better manager we could of won easily tonight, realistically it could of been game over by HT, mancini got it wrong again so if's and but's don't matter, if we get a better manager, and no disrespect to stoke, we would be coming places like yours tonight on that performance and bagging alot, not to be though.

Disagree. Stoke haven't lost this year, so no-ones going there and bagging a lot.Werent you all over Mancini when we appointed him, maybe that was because you got to see the back of Hughes so the replacement didn't really matter. Regardless, we've tried two compeltely differnet game palns versus Stoke, tonight we can point to the sending off as the turning point for when Stoke took control, as for the other two games, we've never really looked to have any period of dominance, thats not solely on the managers shoulders.

GStar said:
Freestyler said:
delaps throw-ins have been your path to tonights quarters,

1 goal tonight was a delap throw in, one was a counter attack when we threw everyone forward, the first goal is probably the only goal where you could say you carved us open.

i think under a better manager we could of won easily tonight, realistically it could of been game over by HT, mancini got it wrong again so if's and but's don't matter, if we get a better manager, and no disrespect to stoke, we would be coming places like yours tonight on that performance and bagging alot, not to be though.

Disagree. Stoke haven't lost this year, so no-ones going there and bagging a lot.Werent you all over Mancini when we appointed him, maybe that was because you got to see the back of Hughes so the replacement didn't really matter. Regardless, we've tried two compeltely differnet game palns versus Stoke, tonight we can point to the sending off as the turning point for when Stoke took control, as for the other two games, we've never really looked to have any period of dominance, thats not solely on the managers shoulders.

yeh, we can't give the manager the full blame, but once again we went slightly defensive, his type football for example against someone like Jose would of been interesting in the game tonight, we only attacked for a short spell, slowed the game down and found ourselves behind again, happens to much.

yeh stoke haven't lost this year, but it doesn't mean their any harder to beat and invincible, we haven't lost a home game since april 09, but from then to now we should of at least lost 5-6, if you go to stoke thinking you won't win, then it's not good enough, regardless of having a 100% record since the new year.

I agree, we look good when we up the tempo, two touch passes and make runs.

It really is that simple... slowing the game down plays into our opponents hands. However, we've no ground to abuse Stoke fans, thier team stuck to thier plans and have come out on top, fair paly to them... fairweather fans though, much like Liverpool theres barely a peep out of them until they're ahead, but thats becoming more and more common in England.

We should go to every ground believing we can get a result, we should go to no ground expecting a result.

GStar said:
I agree, we look good when we up the tempo, two touch passes and make runs.

It really is that simple... slowing the game down plays into our opponents hands. However, we've no ground to abuse Stoke fans, thier team stuck to thier plans and have come out on top, fair paly to them... fairweather fans though, much like Liverpool theres barely a peep out of them until they're ahead, but thats becoming more and more common in England.

We should go to every ground believing we can get a result, we should go to no ground expecting a result.
agreed mate. said it all season, we need to control the tempo

Anyway fellas, i'm off now. It's been nice chatting with you these last few days and i do honestly wish you all the best for the rest of the season. Some fucker needs to smash into that top 4 and as far as i'm concerned if it's Villa, You, or Spurs (probably in that order of preference for me) then i'll be delighted for you.

As an outsider though reading through your board this last few days the thing that stands out the most is the frustration and lack of patience from you all. OK, so you've spent a lot of money but the bloke's only been there for 5 minutes so at least give him until the end of the season before you start thinking he's the anti-christ eh?

And finally, this photo has to be one of the best on the net and always gets a big laugh from me. ;-D

invalid_argument.jpg

See you next season when no doubt you will probably be a much tougher nut to crack. ;-)

Tricky_Rici said:
Anyway fellas, i'm off now. It's been nice chatting with you these last few days and i do honestly wish you all the best for the rest of the season. Some fucker needs to smash into that top 4 and as far as i'm concerned if it's Villa, You, or Spurs (probably in that order of preference for me) then i'll be delighted for you.

As an outsider though reading through your board this last few days the thing that stands out the most is the frustration and lack of patience from you all. OK, so you've spent a lot of money but the bloke's only been there for 5 minutes so at least give him until the end of the season before you start thinking he's the anti-christ eh?

And finally, this photo has to be one of the best on the net and always gets a big laugh from me. ;-D

invalid_argument.jpg

See you next season when no doubt you will probably be a much tougher nut to crack. ;-)
Tricky....why go??? I'm staying.....if they'll have me lol

Forget the excuses,over two legs the better team won and good luck to stoke in the next round. Does not stop the hurt we feel tonight as clearly we have problems which need addressing very quickly as a top 4 finish is miles away at the moment:-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.